Monday, September 8, 2008

Alexa's Update

Today was Alexa's 2 month check up. I can't believe it's been two months already!!

She weighed in at 12 pounds, 15 ounces (with her clothes and diaper on), and was 23 inches long. So she is in the 75th percentile for height and the 95th for weight.

Everything checked out okay and even though she was a little congested she didn't have a fever or anything so they went ahead and gave her, her shots. She didn't really like getting the shots and they had to do 3 different shots with only one nurse so Alexa really let her hear about it, but as soon as she could nurse she calmed right down. She fell asleep before I even got her out to the car and is still sleeping now so.... we'll see how the rest of the day goes. :)

Overall the doctor said she looks great. He took another look at her collar bone (not an x-ray, he just moved it around and felt it) and he said that it looks good, it doesn't seem to be bothering her which is a good sign, and she will probably not suffer any long term affect from the break. Praise the Lord!
Alexa has been a wonderful little princess, and a blessing to our family, one that was well worth the wait and heart ache of the past two-years. I feel incredibly blessed to be her mother. As she is growing more every day I am constantly reminded of the miracle of life. I am only saddened by how quickly this time goes. She is learning how to smile, and how to "coo" which warms my heart just to think about. I think that in no time she will be talking with real words and I'll be wondering how to get her to be quiet! :)

3 comments:

Ashley Skye said...

First I love the new background!! She is getting so big and beatiful. I cannot wait to see her this weekend!! I bet she did let them know about her not enjoying those shots!! I would too

Jaime F said...

She is growing up so fast!! Enjoy everyday (it sounds like you are). I love both your quotes in the side column and everything else. Sometimes I think you type what's exactly on my mind. Hmmm no wonder we're such good friends ~ great minds think alike! Love you all so much.

Jessica said...

I LOVE your new background! Very cute! Alexa is adorable! Those cheeks--they look like they're waiting to be smooched! I'm sure you do all day long! ;-)