Thursday, September 4, 2008

Commit To The Lord Your Plans


I've been using a book called "His Princess Love Letters from Your King" written by Sheri Rose Shepherd during my quiet times - I read one "love letter" a day if I can. I highly recommend this book - it is very inspirational - she takes a verse and then writes a love letter from God to us (women) using the content of the verse.


Today the one I read really touched my heart. It was called "My Princess Give Me Your Plans" and was based on Proverbs 16:3 which says Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed" I am including the letter below:


" I know you have an idea in your head on how everything should unfold in your life. Even today you have an agenda. Because I love you, I need you to give Me back all your plans for today and for all your tomorrow. If you let Me have your day, I can then intervene with something special. My intervention will give you more joy in your journey than your good intentions. I know all that your heart longs for, and I want to do more for you than you could ever do for yourself. So give Me a chance to change your agenda from ordinery to extraordianry, becuse that's the kind of love I've destined you to live, My beloved. Love, Your King and your Planner"

2 comments:

Connie said...

Love that. It is a great reminder for me as I plan for my kids schooling. That helps me keep things in check.
Blessings,
Connie

PS.I saw your name on the Glatians list for Moms. That's what I'm leading so it would be fun to have you in my group. We will see if God has that for us.

Ashley Skye said...

I like that - I thnk I need to print it and keep it - I always have an agenda so full nothing else can get in. I need to be willing to go with the flo sometimes in Gods will and just sometimes in everyday life