Friday, November 7, 2008

Confidence

About 2 1/2 years ago the Lord began to place a lot of desires and dreams in my heart. Since then, I have been in the process of working towards those dreams. Some of my attempts have been successful and some have not, some were given by God and some I tried to fulfill on my own. I have had a lot of trials and struggles regarding the passions that God has placed in my heart and have allowed the enemy to steal alot of my confidence and replace it with doubt and fear. And while, I know now that it is not the time for my dream to be fulfilled in it's completeness, I KNOW that I KNOW that it is from the Lord and I KNOW that one day it will be perfected according to His will.

Our pastor recently spoke on the life of Joseph (Genesis 37-50) and how it took 20 years for his dreams to come to reality and for Moses it was 40. Our dreams do not always happen in a day, but when it is time the Lord can bring us from the lowest pit to the highest point in a day - like Joseph we may not know when it is going to happen or how it is going to happen, but the dreams that are from the Lord WILL come to pass.

Have confidence knowing that the Lord is on your side and that His Word will not go out void - it will be fulfilled. Cling to the Word He has given you!!

Isaiah 55:10-11 "For as the rain and the snow come down from heave and do not return there but water the earth, making it bring forth and sprout, giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater, so shall My word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it."

No comments: