Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Thank You for Your Prayers

I realized yesterday as I was posting Alexa's update that I had failed to update you all on Treyton's speech appointment last Wednesday.
It went really well, he talked to the therapists and was very cooperative. He repeated anything and everything we asked - Tim and I were very impressed.
I didn't really know what exactly to expect when we went in, and really it was basically and evaluation to decide if he needed a formal evaluation. The pathologists said that she did recommend a formal evaluation on both speech and language, so that is the next step. We still have some paperwork to receive, but once that is all done we will be scheduling a formal evaluation - from there they will decide one of three things (1) he needs formal speech therapy which would take place at the school once a week (2) he would need in-home speech therapy, which would obviously take place in our home (3) he doesn't need speech therapy.
At this point, I don't really have a preference to which method occurs, I just want him to be properly treated so my prayer is that the evaluation is an accurate reflection of his speech and language abilities.

1 comment:

Lex0307 said...

Too cute!! Can't wait to see them.