Monday, December 29, 2008

Goals for 2009


I never do very well with New Years Resolutions. By February I'm usually left defeated and guilt-ridden for failing once again to complete my resolutions. So this year I am doing it a little differently. I had already begun making a list of goals when I read Jocelyn's post, so I decidedd to go ahead and join in the home school blog awards fun!

Again, I want to clarify for those of you not from hsba, these are not things that I am going to be starting to do "cold-turkey", so to speak, on the 1st, but things that I hope to gradually work up to and accomplish throughout the year.

~ Talk with God Daily
~ Develop a daily quiet time "routine" - routine is the wrong word, but I want a system of some sort.... I'm going to start with more of an inductive study approach (I think) but I need to stop "jumping all over the place" - I'm doing pretty good with the "daily" part it's just unorganized and it's driving me nuts!
~ Excercise 2-3 times a week
~ Plant a vegetable garden, bigger than the one I had last summer
~ Memorize 24 scriptures (2 a month)
~ Display more nicely framed pictures throughout the house
~ Make a quilt for Tim & I's bedroom
~ Become a better photographer.... I wouldl love to take a class, but even if I can't learning new techniques would suffice
~ Finish reading the entire Bible for the first time.... and then start again
~ Complete Treyton's first year of preschool - going all the way through the letter "Z" in our curriculum
~ Read 25, books or more
~ Start serving in my church
~ Redecorate the upstairs bathroom
~ Blog a reflective post once a week
~ Scrapbook: catch up my scrapbook, finish Treyton & Alexa's one-year albums
~ Learn at least one new way to be more natural (examples of things I already do: cloth diapers, vegetable garden)
~ Get back to having a date-night with my hubby
~ Make more home videos
~ Have a girls-night out once a month
~ Touch-up paint throughout the house, and add some more decorative touches throughout the home
~ Read to my children more often
~ Change the oil in my car - once
~ Teach Treyton his alphabet
~ Learn of a non-violent way to get rid of rabbits
~ Make a scarf for my brother-in-law
~ Learn how to use photoshop or someother similiar program to edit, and create my own digital scrapbooking buttons and such

2 comments:

tammy said...

Love your list!! I am aiming for a girls night out monthly, too. :)

Lex0307 said...

Great goals - I'll try as much as I can to help you obtain them. And thanks for the great idea I love this so much more than resolutions.