Monday, February 9, 2009

Traveling: Creation Museum

Hi Everyone,

Surprise post, I didn't expect to have internet access so I wasn't properly prepared (meaning, no pictures yet!!) however, I just wanted to hop on and let you all know things are going GREAT!!

We are in Tennessee.
We spent day 1 on the road (8:30-3:30) and then stopped at our very good friend's house in Indiana - they so graciously opened their home to our family and we had a great time visiting with them and their fun dog Mocha!! Treyton is still talking about them and wants to go back.

Yesterday morning we got on the road about 10:30 ish and drove to Kentucky (arriving around 1:45) where we toured the Creation Museum. Alot of you have asked me about this, so I just wanted to give you my litte "review" I really loved it! Treyton didn't get as much out of it as I would have hoped, but he was free so... no big loss. There were lots of dinosaurs there so he was easily entertained by them. I was amazed by how few "thall shalt not touch" signs they had and how clean the museum was - it is very well taken care of. I think it is an excellent museum for school age children and adults. It explains (in terms that you can understand) why creation can be true (and why we believe the Bible is true, and so forth). The musuem is set up basically so you walk through the book of Genesis, starting in the garden, the exhibits were SOOO detailed, it was incredible - my favorite was walking through their Noah's Ark exhibit - it was awesome.... I don't know why I didn't get some of the details before but it truly opened my eyes to how horrific of a tragedy that actually was.... I always just pictured rain..... interesting.
SO my formal opinion: I thought it was excellent!! If you are ever in the area you will have to make a stop here! (Side note: They also had a petting zoo and outdoor trails which were also a lot of fun for Treyton.)

Last night after the museum at about 5:30 we left there and drove until 11:30... we are now in Chatanooga, TN and are planning on doing Lookout Mountain (where you can see 7 states), Ruby Falls and the Tennessee Aquarium. Hopefully we'll have enough time to get it all in. If not, we'll skip the aquarium.

The trip has gone much better than I ever expected. The kids have been incredible... The goodie box I put together for Treyton is actually working (I'll tell you more about it later) and Lexie actually seems to enjoy her carseat!! No small miracle!!

Thanks to all of you for your prayers, we have felt them, things have gone smoothly and safely. We have been in contact with our other family members on the way down (Jim and Donna actually did the creation museum with us) and everyone is safe and making various fun stops along the way.

Can't wait to write more later and actually attach some pictures.

By the way it's supposed to get up to 70 degrees here today!!! Doesn't that sound heavenly my frozen tundra friends!?

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Glad to hear things are going so well in the car!

The Creation Museum sounds great! When you get back, I'd love more info on where it is, etc so that we can do that on our next road trip. Thanks for the review!

Enjoy the warm weather!

Alexis said...

Glad you are having fun and the kids are taking to the car well. I personally want to know more about the "goodie box". Do so hope you enjoy Look Out Mountain and Ruby Falls - it is so neat that you are taking your family to where my family went 40 years ago!!! When you get back we will have to compare pics - bet it has changed a little (lol)

DramaMama said...

WOW!! Sounds like a great time! I can't wait to hear more, especially about Orlando!
And The Creation Museum sounds awesome! One day I hope we can made a road-trip south-ish (not Disney yet) so mybe we can hit the museum.

Ashley Skye said...

Thank you so much for the update - I always love to hear how things are going and cannot wait for more details.

Love you and post as often as possible

Jaime said...

Thanks for sharing. I think you should jealous of us, however. It was 40's on Saturday and it should be 50 degrees tomorrow! You are missing our heat wave while you are gone! We miss you in WI.