Monday, March 16, 2009

Words with Meaning

I haven't had a lot of time lately to do in-depth quiet time. To be honest, I've been lucky if I did my quiet time at all in the last week. But the Lord was faithful to me (as always) and continued to drop little nuggets of His Truth in my lap that I'm so thankful for and wanted to share with you.

You can now prepare yourself for some "Random Thoughts" from my life

~~~~~~~~
Committing is a continual thing.

~~~~~~~~
"I am freed to know that my God is huge, and my God is able. So I know if I don't get what I asked from Him, if I'll cooperate, I'll get something bigger. I'll know that a greater yes is in progress" (Beth Moore, Believing God)

~~~~~~~~
Lord, my flesh is so resistant to what You want right now that I can hardly stand it. But don't stop. Insist on my best. Insist upon Your glory. Take me to the line on this. Don't let up on me until we've gone every inch of the distance. (Beth Moore, from Praying God's Word) I love this so much, how many of us have the strength to pray this prayer and mean it? And how many of us speak this honestly with God? Something to think about!

~~~~~~~~
The same one that walks ahead of me, clearing my path is the same one that never lets me go. So when it seems like God is walking away from me, He's not, He may just be clearing the path.

~~~~~~~~
God speaks with perfect timing. My response should be immediate obedience. (Priscilla Shirer Discerning the Voice of God)

~~~~~~~~
It's not about doing, it's about being. It's not what we do that matters, it's who we are [in Him].

~~~~~~~~
"A sacrifice of praise makes praise more glorious" (Joni Eareckson Tada in When God Weeps speaking of praising God in the midst of our sufferings)

~~~~~~~~
Indeed a time spent in prayer seems wasted to someone who has priorities other than a relationship with God. (Philip Yancey)

~~~~~~~~
He [Satan] will take away your prayer life little by little and cause you to Trust God less and less and yourself more and more.....
He uses the method of gradualism to wear down the people of God. (Watchman Nee)

1 comment:

Alexis said...

Your last quote really hit home - I think that is exactly what is happening in my life so thanks for the words of thought and encouragement - think I will post that somewhere so I can remember it!!