Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I'm Still Here!

Yes, we are still here. I have taken a few days off from.... ahem.... everything, to do some much-needed scrapbooking. I am happy to report that I am now caught up through December of last year, and that I just ordered my pictures from January - April of this year and my goal is to catch up entirely in the next month (wish me luck!)
Anyhow, all of that to say, that I do realize I have left some of you "hanging" without updates on Tim's hand or finishing up the series on faithfulness. Have no fear, the rest of the series is coming. I have most of the next section written, I hope to post it in the next day or so.... or at least this week :)

Tim's Update
Tim had his appointment this past Friday, we were hoping to get his pins taken out but the doctor decided to go ahead and wait another week. So the new plan is that on this coming up Friday, Dr. L will be removing one of the pins and then pulling the other pin up past his first knuckle so that he can bend his first joint, but not the second one. We will then go in the following Friday and he will remove the second pin entirely.
I'm nervous, but I will NOT be leaving the room while they remove the pin. Doctor L. gave me the option of sitting in the waiting room during the procedure, but don't worry, I set him straight! I will definitely be in the room and watching carefully watching how they remove the pin. First of all, I am a loving and supporting wife, I will not leave my husbands side when he will be going through a painful procedure, and besides, I could never forgive myself if I missed (from a medical/scientific point of view) this type of opportunity.... I must see how this is done, so that I can come back and report to you all what I have learned!! Okay, so maybe it is more of the latter than the whole "supportive wife" part, but still.... I want to be supportive too!! If he can hold my hand during labor I can certainly hold his during this!

Lexie's Update
I am fairly certain Lexie is getting her 5th tooth!! Yea!! You can see just the tiniest piece of it, it's an upper one, towards the right (if you're looking at her) but because of her gap in the front two teeth I can't tell if it's the one directly next to those or the ones furthest over.... am I making any sense here at all?

An Update on Me (savor this because there aren't too many of these) I went to the eye doctor last week and I am now wearing glasses!! This is not to say that I won't be wearing my contacts still, but normally I wear my contacts ALL the time. I'm excited to have a little bit of a difference, but am a little nervous about the look of glasses. I took a picture, please ignore the "tired" and no-make-up look, I hate to show you all what I "really look" like but here it goes.... I'm taking the mask off! I think they will take some getting used to but Tim (and Lexie) love them, so that's all that really matters.

Treytonisms (Of Course I couldn't leave Treyton out!!)
Not much of an update but thought I would throw in a few of his cutest sayings lately:

Me: I really love you, Treyton
Treyton: I like you too, mom
~~~~~~~
Treyton says the cutest things when he is really impressed by something:
"That's really cool, huh mom?"
"That's AMMAAAZING!"
"That's pretty awesome!"
~~~~~~~
Today Treyton was reading me a Bible story out of his Bible - David and His Goliath (his favorite one) and this is how part of it went:
"and they said (talking about the Israelite army - he changes his voice to squeaky high pitch) "You big Giant, you got big hair, big feet, big tummy, big nose, and really big teeth.... we're going to fight.... we really scared.... auughh!!"

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Love the new signature! How did you do that? I've been wanting one and have tried a few different times to figure it out, only to be frustrated...help please? :-) You always seem to figure out these bloggy things before me!

Tami Jo said...

I love the Bible story Treyton...good job! Also, Amber you look really good in glasses.