Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Update on Lexie

We took Alexa to the Doctor's office this morning, the doctor is fairly sure that it is just the stomach flu. After her appointment I gave her an ounce of pedialite, which she kept down, so 30 minutes later I gave her another ounce. Within an hour she had 3 ounces of pedialite. 30 minutes later, I gave her 2 ounces of formula, I wasn't real sure about it, but the poor baby was screaming she was so hungry, so I decided it was time.

After 2 ounces, she laid down for a nap, within 20 minutes she woke up throwing up. However, it wasn't all of her formula and it was very little of the pedialite, so the good news is that she did keep some down.

It has now been 5 hours since our appointment and she has only thrown up that one time and kept down about 3 ounces of liquid!!! Praise God, this is the only liquid she has kept down in the last 24 hours.... we're praying that it will only get better from here!!

One of the concerns I have is that last month when we brought Alexa in she weighed in at 18 pounds 14 ounces, this time she weighed in at 18 pounds 6 ounces.... so in a month she lost 1/2 a pound.

No comments: