Sunday, May 10, 2009

Awesome Mother's Day Gift!!!

I have had a very pleasant Mother's Day Weekend (so far):

Saturday we took the kids to Waupaca to the Fine Arts Festival, where Skye's high school human video team, and solo competed. We were there all day and were able to visit with Skye, my mom and my sister Alana who is in town for a week. It was alot of fun, and I really enjoyed seeing some of the Christian high school talent from our state. We even saw some (of our) old high school friends which was a pleasant "blast from the past" it's amazing to me that it's been 10 years since I competed in the competition myself... where has all the time gone?

Obviously, while we were in Waupaca we went over and visited Trent's site. We haven't been there since the funeral, it was nice to actually get over there and visit, we also took a little time to visit Tim's Grandma and Grandpa's sites too. Treyton had a lot to say and we had fun talking about Trent and what he was doing in heaven. It was a hard visit but at the same time, I'm glad we did it and had the chance to get over there.

This morning Tim and Treyton got me a dozen pink roses and a purple stuffed/bean-bag lizard (Treyton picked it out), but I have a feeling I won't be seeing much of the purple lizard... Treyton has pretty much claimed it for himself already.

We went to church - our Mother's Day Sermon was.... well, actually pretty depressing, it was about the fact that we are literally not reproducing fast enough for our culture to sustain itself. In as little as 20 years the world/society as we know it will no longer exist.... I don't want to get into it all here but if you have the time, you should head over to the church website and take a listen to it.... pretty sad. Afterwards, we went to lunch at Curly's at Lambeau field. When we passed by the field Treyton actually remembered going there last September with part of the family and standing up next to the statues - Amazing!

Then in perfect Lexie fashion, she blessed me with the most exciting Mother's Day gift - she took her first steps today!!!!
Actually, she took three - from Tim to me. After she did it, we tried to get her to do it on camera but of course she wouldn't - but it doesn't matter!! It was so awesome. I knew that it was coming, this week she started crawling different - hardly using her knees but mostly standing up on her feet with her hands on the floor in front of her. She is actually two days behind Treyton... Treyton started walking at 10 months exactly and Lexie is 10 months 2 days. Even as I am typing this, she stood herself part-way up completely on her own (without pulling up on something) and then sat back down after she realized the toy she was looking for was under her dress :).
She is changing alot, growing so fast.... at lunch today Treyton told me "I love you mom, and I like you too." Then he went on and said "I love daddy, I love baby... Baby, do you like me?" and Lexie looked at him and said what sounded (to both Tim and I) "I love you" I am sure she didn't actually say it but it was REALLY close... it's hard to say that it wasn't because it was pretty "coincidental".
She has also started making this really funny sound in the back of her throat, I can't even begin to describe it to you, so I am hoping that I will be able to attach some videos later and you can hear it for yourself. I am also officially claiming "DaDa" as her first word - she says it all the time most of the time in context. It's unbelievable to see my "baby" start walking and talking.... pretty soon we won't be able to call her "baby" we'll have to call her "Toddler".

I hope you all had a fun Mother's day weekend as well and your children blessed you as much as mine blessed me!!

video
Trying to get her to walk - I know she isn't walking on her own in this video, but I wanted to give you a glimpse of how close she is here (this was this afternoon).

video
This is Treyton entertaining Lexie in his own way... I never had a brother so I don't get this but it's awesome to see the big brother - little sister relationship develop.

video
Two nights ago, just hanging out as a family.... I believe Lexie does her "new throat sound" in this one... wait for it.

Oh yeah... and if you didn't notice, the blog hit 10,000 hits this weekend too!!

4 comments:

Tami Jo said...

I didn't hear the "new throat sound" but maybe I'll listen again tomorrow...Sawyer was making a lot of noise in the background. Also, having a big brother is the greatest thing ever...Lexie is very blessed!

Tami Jo said...

Oh yeah forgot to say...that's really cool that you went and saw Trent. I have been thinking about doing that soon as well. It's awesome that Treyton understands Heaven and even to talk about what he's doing...just plain awesome! You are doing an incredible job raising him.

Jessica said...

In the video where Treyton is making Lexie laugh (cute, by the way), all I kept thinking was, "is he TRYING to make her throw up? She obviously just ate a bottle!" You can tell I've had 4 kids who spit-up a lot!

Alexis said...

I am so glad that you had such a great Mother's Day. It was so good to be with "my girls" at Fine Arts - thanks for driving over. May you remain in God's blessings and be aware of each and everyone of them - I love you
Mom