Sunday, May 17, 2009

Reflections 3.20.09

I was looking back at some of my past post and realized that this one never actually got published... I was literally in the process of typing this post when Tim called and told me he was on the way to the ER for his hand. It never got finished but I thought that maybe you all could still glean something from it.... enjoy!

~~~~~~~

Hello Dear Friends!

Wow, I have truly missed you all. Not just in the last week or so, but even before that, the last month has been so cram packed with busyness I have not really had a chance to devote the time, energy or passion that I have wanted to towards the blog. I can't tell you the number of times I have had a thought or verse come to mind and I think "Oh, wow, I need to remember that and blog about it." and then of course.... I don't..... and life just keeps passing by.

There has been so much I wanted to share with you all and though some of the opportunities are lost, I want to make sure that I touch on a few of the things that have been on my heart the most.

~~~~~~~

As you all know, we recently moved. Moving is..... an experience. There aren't many ways to describe it because moving is different for everyone. Some people organize while they pack the old house for the new house, some people organize at the new house without really worrying about how to pack, some people don't organize at all and then again some people don't even move themselves at all. But one thing can be said about all movers: It isn't easy or fun. Packing especially (for me) is terrible. For me, packing is like taking my life apart piece by piece.

It was harder than I thought to move. To leave a house we knew as our home: the house where Treyton learned to walk in, where we brought Lexie home from the hospital to, the home where we had all of Treyton's birthday parties, many play dates, extended family gatherings and intimate moments with our family. We literally watched our son transform from a baby to a boy in this house and it's hard to leave that place. The memories that we made in our home were truly priceless and the important thing for me is that those memories are not gone, and will never be taken from me but it was still hard to walk away from the building that housed those memories.

The verse that is most applicable to what I have been experiencing is Psalm 127:1 "Unless the Lord builds that house, those who build it labor in vain. Unless the Lord watches over the city, the watchman stays awake in vain."

I cannot deny, even for a moment, that the Lord's hand has been on our family and our home in the past three years. This is not to say that life has been easy, in fact, the last three years have been the hardest of my life. I moved (quickly, I might add) to a place that I was completely unfamiliar with and had only visited a handful of times, my husband made a complete career change; going from a job that he worked hardly more than 30 hours a week, to a job where he worked 50-60 hours a week (in the beginning) and was consumed with responsibility for. One of my closest friends passed away, I experienced fertility issues and treatment, depression, church searching and then most recently and difficultly, the loss of our nephew Trent.

We have alot to look forward to in our new house and the Lord has totally blessed our move, which is confirmation in my spirit that we made the right choice in not only moving but in the house that we bought. God is faithful and He has called me to open my grip on something that I wasn't quite ready to release. But after the last three years of my life, I have learned that the blessings that come from obedience are far greater than the cost of letting go of the things that are hard to loosen the grip on.

1 comment:

Catherine ~ The Purple Pear ~ said...

I loved when you said, "I have learned that the blessings that come from obedience are far greater than the cost of letting go of the things that are hard to loosen the grip on."

Well said and so true. That's evidence of His grace in your life! He knows the plans for our lives and His thoughts and ways are not our thoughts and ways. Thanks for sharing that!