Friday, May 22, 2009

Throne of Grace

"Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need." Hebrews 4:16

Have you ever had a time in your life when you knew God was the only one that could get you through the next few steps of your journey? I guess the right answer would be to say that that's where I am all the time, but realistically I'm not, it's certainly getting to be that way more, but still, when things are going along fine, I am sometimes oblivious to the Love dancing all around me, and the grace that goes before me and mercy that follows me.

But then there are those moments, those periods of.... uncertainty and confusion, times when you don't know where to turn or what step to take next. Those times that you feel desperate; truly desperate: desperate for guidance, desperate for help, or just desperate to make the right choice.

It is in those moments that I have learned there is only one thing I can do and that is to go before the throne of God and lay it all down. I go to Him in prayer, I tell Him exactly what I'm feeling, the situation that is before me, (Us) and I tell Him EXACTLY what I'm going through (in detail) and then I am silent.... I say nothing, I give it to Him, and I just allow His grace to cover it - to cover me. And then I feel it --- peace --- oh what unspeakable peace.

To go before His throne is one of the most unused blessings we have as Christians. Often we allow our problems to get so big before we decide to bring it to Him, and by then we have not only been wounded, but we are bleeding out. Maybe we have already made some agreements with a lie about ourselves... about others.... about Him....

Beloved, regardless of what is going on in your life I encourage you to bring it to Him now, right now, stop what you are doing and take a moment to express WHATEVER it is to the King and allow Him cover you.... let His throne become a throne of grace for you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much..
Kristi

Ashley Skye said...

Be still and wait - Now that is something so much easier for me to say than do!! When I am in those moments where I feel like I am at the end and cannot even move one step further I have turned to God and I have prayed my heart out. However I dont know if I have ever really just waited in the Lord - just sat there is silence. I always feel like i should be doing something talking to him- which seems so silly because I am always saying the people closest to me are the ones I can sit in a room with and say nothing. So why is it I feel I cannot do that with God? Thank you for sharing all you share you are an amazing arm of God and one that I respect more than words can say.