Friday, June 12, 2009

Vacation Update Part 1: We're Here

Well we are here in Virginia safe and sound. Thanks to all of you for your thoughts and prayers - we felt them!!

The two flights we had went better than expected (Praise God!) The first flight was only an hour and was a little rough on all of our ears, which is typical I think when you go up just to go back down. Treyton did great only saying that his "ears were acting funny". Alexa on the other hand threw up, which was a real treat, however, it actually wasn't as bad as it sounds. I had a blanket right on her lap so it was real easy to clean up. Alexa fell asleep at the end of the flight which was nice, she only slept for like 20 minutes but I was thankful for it.

Treyton was SOOO excited... he loved going fast and going through the clouds.... He's an energetic boy so I've obviously seen him excited, but this was so special (for both of us). I wish Tim could have been there to see it, but I'm sure he will hear all about it.

The second flight was 2.5 hours long, Lexie fell asleep soon after takeoff and slept for about an hour in my arms. Treyton played well, not even using 1/2 the toys I brought (awesome, we still have some newbies for the plane ride home!) Skye was the biggest help stepping in wherever she could - I know that I couldn't have done it without her.

After we got here we were anxious to get to Nana's house but wow... the traffic here is UNBELIEVABLE. I have been in my share of traffic jams but never one the went for 60 miles!!! WOW! It took us 3 hours to go what should have taken us 1.5!! To be fair Alana warned me, but I didn't believe her that it was that bad... but it really is.... Friday afternoon is NOT the time to be driving anywhere near DC (take it from me.... and Alana!)

Once we got here Alana had a home cooked meal for us - roast, potatoes and carrots.... it was so good and such a treat after such a long day of traveling. The kids are doing well, Lexie is EXTREMELY clingy to me and won't go to anyone else, but she's been like this for a while it just seemed to be worse after a long day of travel... hopefully she gets over it though because big mamma is going to need a break after a while (like a shower).

I'm not sure what our plans are for tomorrow... we talked about going to the beach or maybe just hanging out at the pool -- either way we plan on getting some time in the sun.

Will update some more later!!

Sadly, I didn't get too many pictures today (too busy keeping the kids happy) but will certainly get some more tomorrow.

4 comments:

For His Glory said...

Glad you made it safe and sound! Thanks for the update.
Love ya.

Tana said...

Glad you all made it safe, hope you and the kids are having a good time. (As well as Tim.) On the way home,if your flying,try chewing gum on the plane for the sake of your ears, and maybe let Treyton too. If Alexa takes a pacifier that might help her too.(I was told to do that for Gannon by his ENT doctor if we traveled by plane or up large hills to relieve the pressure in his ears.)

Tami Jo said...

Thank you so much for the update. I am so glad to hear that everything went so smoothly. I love the picture of Treyton and the captain; his smile is the best. Also, love your shirt Amber!

Alexis said...

Glad you are safe and sound in Virginia! Give my youngest a hug for me - seems like she might need it about now!! Have a great time. Love You All