Monday, July 20, 2009

Look What the Lord has Done!!

Tim's Four-Month Update
Today it has been four months since Tim's hand accident. I've been waiting until this day to give you all an update because for some reason I put a lot of emphasis on "anniversary dates". The pictures I am attaching were taken last night (7.19.09)
As far as the technical/functional side of things, we are SO very pleased. After physical therapy (which is now done) Tim has regained a large portion of mobility and flexibility. He can bend his fingers down to his palm but is unable to bend the top knuckle of his pinky at all. If you look at the pictures it would be the most malformed knuckle. So basically he cannot completely ball up his hand, because his pinky lies flat... but he is able to bend the finger down.
His fingers are extremely sensitive to cold temperatures which is a little concerning to us, but probably won't be an issue until fall hits, and at this point, I'm still praying it won't be an issue at all!
A huge milestone for us was a couple of weeks ago when he was finally able to put his wedding band back on!!
As far as pain goes, he doesn't say anything about pain, but I know sometimes the tightness of the scars do cause him some discomfort and inability to function the way he would like.
All-in-all we are thrilled with the healing the Lord has done, and don't think for a moment He's finished!! The physical therapists said not to give up on working the fingers (especially the pinky) and that eventually he may even gain control of that top joint.

I thank God for all that He has done, it's unbelievable really --- where we are now from where it began. I wish you all could have seen the site that I saw that first time walking into the ER, or you could have listened in as my husband literally cried/moaned in his sleep for the first week after the accident, or watched him try to bend his fingers in those first couple of months (he couldn't!). If you could have, you might have a small understanding of how grateful we are for the miracle God has done for us. The fact that Tim even has his fingers is a miracle and a blessing that I know we won't soon forget.

Thank you all for your prayers and support from the very moment it happened!! Heaven heard your prayers and has shown favor to our family!

Another Family Miracle
In other family news, we are soo very excited to announce that we are expecting our third miracle!! I found out Friday morning that we are pregnant!!!
We will be due sometime around March 25th of 2009.

As you probably can assume, we are absoultely THRILLED, and overwhelmed by God's faithfulness and blessings in our life!!

As of right now, I fell GREAT! I'm energized, eating good, taking extra naps when I can, and just living life normal (let's pray it stays that way, shall we?). I plan on calling today to set up an appointment with our OB-GYN, I'll update you all after the appointment.

10 comments:

greeneyedmom said...

Congratulations on your upcoming addition!

Jessica-MomForHim said...

We praise the Lord about Tim's hand, and we praise Him for your newest little miracle who will arrive in 2010! Congratulations!! :-)

Amy said...

Wow! You do have lots to celebrate!

Jenna said...

Oh how wonderful! I'm so excited for you guys!!!! We will be praying for a safe pregnancy for both you and the baby. Congrats!!!!

Kendra said...

Congrats Amber! Such wonderful news for you!

Tami Jo said...

God is so FAITHFUL!

Catherine said...

Congrats on the little one! I was so excited to read that. :)

Amber said...

Thank you all for your congratulations... we are so very excited!
Our appointment isn't until the 24th of August... which seems SOOO far away from now, I can hardly wait.
I'm still feeling great, except tired & a little tear happy... I cried to a collective soul song (since when??) overall though my energy is up and absolutely no nausea

cameron said...

congrats!!! Hope you continue to feel great!

Ashley Skye said...

Yeah for Tims Hand! IT is such an amazing recovery! I dont think we realize how amazing it is.... look at the first pictures to now!!! WOW