Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Somewhere in the Middle

As some of you have noticed, I haven't been posting many reflections lately. I apologize for the unannounced sabbatical (of sorts) but I have been doing some soul stumbling, searching and seeking in the past couple of months. I have much that I want to share with you, but as the Lord is gently pointing out to me, it's not time, yet.

I did want to share something the Lord gave me today.... a song. A song that perfectly illustrates part of where I am at right now, and what I am "working through" with Him. If you feel so lead, please pray for yours truly, I have a long way to go.... but I am learning so much. He is good and He is faithful. He is walking me through this and I'm certain that once I am on the other side He will have a story to tell!!

I tried to bold and underline parts of the song that are specifically speaking to me, but I realized I couldn't the entire song is speaking to/of me, so I will leave just the lyrics (minus one bolded line), and perhaps God can somehow use this song to minister to you (by the way, if you would like to listen to the song it is the new song on my playlist).

*If you are not hearing the song, scroll all the way down and it will begin to play.

Somewhere in the Middle (Casting Crowns)
Somewhere between the hot and the cold
Somewhere between the new and the old
Somewhere between who I am and who I used to be
Somewhere in the middle, You'll find me

Somewhere between the wrong and the right
Somewhere between the darkness and the light
Somewhere between who I was and who You're making me
Somewhere in the middle, You'll find me

Just how close can I get, Lord, to my surrender without losing all control

Fearless warriors in a picket fence, reckless abandon wrapped in common sense
Deep water faith in the shallow end and we are caught in the middle
With eyes wide open to the differences, the God we want and the God who is
But will we trade our dreams for His or are we caught in the middle
Are we caught in the middle

Somewhere between my heart and my hands
Somewhere between my faith and my plans
Somewhere between the safety of the boat and the crashing waves

Somewhere between a whisper and a roar
Somewhere between the altar and the door
Somewhere between contented peace and always wanting more
Somewhere in the middle You'll find me

Just how close can I get, Lord, to my surrender without losing all control

Lord, I feel You in this place and I know You're by my side
Loving me even on these nights when I'm caught in the middle

5 comments:

Sherry said...

Wow, this song has really spoken to me also. I have never heard it before now, but I was really touched by it. Am I going to jump in complete trust of God and his dreams for me or am I going to partially hop out while still maintaining some control of "worldly" common sense? Will I choose to serve Him ONLY without worrying about what others will think. Am I content in what He thinks of me or do I need others approval to feel that I am doing the right thing?
Wow, this is so deep for me. Thank you so much for sharing.
Sherry (remember me from bible study?) Sherry Mitchell

Donna said...

I'm with Sherry, I never heard this song b-4, it was very moving. Thanks for sharing Amber.

For His Glory said...

Looks like He found you:)

Alexis said...

God works in such wondorous and mysterous ways. This song has been speaking to me, also, for the last several weeks now!! I so don't want to be caught in the middle; I want to hurry up the journey and get to the other side where I am living God's will for my life. To be hot, new, etc. etc. rather than feeling like I am caught in the middle

Catherine said...

I just wanted to pop in and say that I've been struggling with the same thing - especially this week. That Casting Crowns song is one of my favorites. I hope the Lord is lifting you out of that middle place.