Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Big Changes

I know that many of you have noticed that I haven't been as active as I normally am in the blog world. I don't feel too badly, partly because it is summer and partly because I am definitely in the midst of one of the most difficult spiritual journeys of my life and I have much going on behind silent blog screens. I hope to share more, in detail with you all later but for now I just wanted to let you know a tiny bit of what is going on here. When it's time, I have a feeling I will be overloading you all with the lessons I have been learning during this time.

Now, for the BIG News:

I have decided (after LONG deliberation) that I will be changing my blog name. This is due to several reasons none of which I feel comfortable going into right now, but what it means for you (the readers) is that once I change it, you will no longer be able to access the blog at the old web address. For those of you who subscribe to my e-mails or read my blog through a reader you will need to re-subscribe or change the address in your reader. I am in the process of going over a bunch of different names and ideas for the blog. I realize that this may seem like an odd decision as I am certain that I will lose some readers, but it's really something that I have wanted to do for a while, but just haven't had the courage to do.

I will do my best to give you all a heads up so that you will know the new address before I switch it over so we can transition as smoothly as possible.

I wasn't planning on doing this, but I think I will go ahead and list a few of my ideas below as far as what I'm thinking for new blog names --- if you have an opinion, please, leave a comment and let me know what you think.

Choices (in no particular order):


Option #1: Real-Life Superheroes and Princesses
I know this one is a little long, but I love it because it's so personal (we have always called Lexie a princess and Treyton has titled himself a superhero for a while now). And it's also a reminder to me from where I should find my identity. As children it comes so naturally to believe that we are princesses or superheroes but as we get older, the Enemy attacks and we lose that.... this title reminds me where my identity should really lie.

Option #2: Steps in My Journey OR Pieces of Our Journey
It's about the Journey!!

Option #3: My Deepest Desire
He is my deepest desire and to bring Him glory from ALL aspects of my life.

Option #4: From Past to Destiny
This one actually reminds me of the Esther study I am (still) trying to finish up but that so powerfully reminded me that I cannot separate my past from who God is making me to be. Sometimes I want to - I want to forget the pit(s) from which I came, but the truth is, those pits and valleys are/were part of the journey, and the journey is how He is making me what He wants me to be.

Option #5: Held in His Arms
Even when I have let Him go He has never net me go. He was faithful when I was not.

Option #6: Reflections From Our Journey
This one I thought was neat because it incorporated the "Journey" theme but also the "reflections" part of Humble Reflections... if I went with this one I would possibly not change the blog address.... not sure though.

Option #7: Our Grace Filled Journey or Grace-Filled Journey

Option #8: Clothed in Righteousness

Option #9: Being Refined by Grace or Refined by Fire or Refined in Love or Refined-By-Grace

3 comments:

Jessica-MomForHim said...

I like #3, 5, and 6. :-)

donna said...

Such good titles, but I like #1 the best.

Love you,
donna

Alexis said...

I like 2 and 6 because it is all about the journey for all of us. And your blog does reflect your journey as a mom, as a child of Christ, as a wife, etc. I will be praying that your new blog name will be exactly what God wants it to be.