Monday, August 10, 2009

First(ish) Bean Harvest


A few days ago we got our first bean harvest off of our bean pole plant (which is ginormous by the way) I intended to take a picture and post it but Treyton ate them all (raw) before I had the chance. So this morning I went out and picked the latest and snapped a quick picture before Treyton could eat them all (though he did manage to sneak several when I had my back turned :))

Sadly, the beans are the only thing we managed to plant this year. We had big plans to put in a little vegetable garden but after Tim hurt his hand back in March we knew our plans would have to hold off until next year.

As for next year, I've got BIG plans... maybe too big... but I'm going to try it nonetheless.

On a side note, I have TONS of pictures to upload and updates to post from the last week or so. We had the kids birthday party, my sister got married... lots happened and we got lots of pictures... I'll try to post them soon.

2 comments:

Tami Jo said...

Looks YUMMY!

Alexis said...

Straight out of the garden home grown beans are the best ever. Since you could only plant one thing this I think this was an excellent choice. Enjoy!!!