Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Believing God's Love

"What heartbreak we must bring to God when we continue to disbelieve His love. What more could He have said? What more could He have done? Believe even when you do not feel. Know even when you do not see. He gave the life of His Son to demonstrate His love. The time has come to believe."
~Beth Moore Praying God's Word

I have recently been using Beth Moore's Praying God's Word every morning during my quiet time to battle some issues that I have been dealing with for a while. It has been refreshing (to say the least) to allow God's own personal Word to minister to my heart, and the prayers have been quite effective. This quote is one of Beth's own, but also powerful.

I have never really looked at my failure to believe God's love for me to be an insult to Him but it must be, how can it not? He sacrificed His own Son for me.... and do I not see that as enough? Though I don't always feel it, I choose to believe and live in His love for me... "the time has come"

1 comment:

Catherine said...

This made me think about how hurt I feel when my daughter says, "Nobody loves me." Sometimes no amount of reassurance seems to help. There I am pouring out my love and concern for her, and she just doesn't see it. (Or maybe she's realized that saying that gets a LOT of attention from Mommy.) Either way, I'm always so sad to hear those words! I never thought about how God must feel every time I don't "feel" like He's there.