Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Even More Treytonisms

After Lexie touched something, Tim told her "that was yucky". Treyton stepped in to explain to the youngest member of the family and said "Yucky means that you have to wash your hands."

~~~~~~
When riding in the car one afternoon, Treyton and Alexa were watching a Veggie Tales movie, at one point a song came on about God's love (or something similar) and Treyton asked a question. Putting on my best religious mommy voice I went on to explain to him theologically what the song was trying to say, and how, yes, it was in fact true.
After about 2 minutes Treyton piped in and said
"I hear you, mom, but you can stop now, I can't hear the movie."
****
Since that time, there have been a few other instances where I may have gotten a little wordy and each time he starts with "I hear you mom..... BUT....." I think it's so cute because the poor guys certainly needs a respectful way to tell this big mama... "listen woman - you've said too much!!"

~~~~~~
Sitting on the couch cuddling one day (something Treyton asks to do at LEAST once a day) he said out of the silence "You are so special."
I almost started crying... I cannot tell you the number of times a day that God uses this little man to speak into my life!

~~~~~~
The other night we were getting ready to go somewhere and Tim asked Treyton "Will you do me a favor and grab my shoes?" (they were in the living room)
to which Treyton replied
"Yeah" and he went to get the shoes, at which point he added "Will you do me a favor for me? Will you clean up those toys?"
There were a few toys in the middle of the living room that Treyton would have certainly been asked (probably next) to clean up before we left, his wisdom clearly won out this time though because Tim was so impressed, he did pick up the toys!!

~~~~~~~
One day Lexie was crying and Treyton was doing his best to comfort her, brought her some toys, her lamby and even a blanket, after nothing worked he looked at her and said "I'm not like Jesus, baby, I can't do everything."

~~~~~~
Lately Treyton has been very interested in miracles. We've been reading several Bible stories about Jesus doing miracles and talking about it. Treyton asks how miracles to happen, and why (HARD questions I might add). He also asks alot about magic tricks, so at the same time he's learning the difference between magic and miracles as well as fake things on TV and miracles. This last Sunday in children's church he learned about Peter and John and how they healed the lame man at the temple. We talked to Treyton about how neat it was that Jesus does use people to do miracles through, that it wasn't Peter and John who healed the man but Jesus inside of them. He didn't say much at the time but that night for prayers Tim said that he asked Jesus to help him do miracles.
I love the heart of this little boy!!
I can't wait to see what miracles God has in store for his life.

4 comments:

For His Glory said...

I have something for you at my blog. Love you, Jaime

Mommer said...

Treytonism~ When Treyton was here last he said something that took me by surprise but laughed til tears round down my face. He was eating and out of no where he says to me, "you want me to take you out?" (Meaning take you down) We wrestled the rest of the night. Lots of fun!! Did he tell you that it rained in Mommer's house while we pretended playing wind storm?

For His Glory said...

Thanks for adding your muisc again!

I love Treyton! He made me laugh many times. Thanks for sharing his heart with us. You have a very special little man and I can't wait to watch him grow!

Tami Jo said...

OH Treyton...what more can I say than I LOVE YOU!!!