Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Fall Into Reading


Over at Callapidder Days there is a blog carnival that was so right up my alley I couldn't resist getting involved! It's the Fall Reading Challenge 2009. It's an awesome way to share what I'm reading as well as looking around to get some inspiration of what to read next!

My list of books for Sept 22nd - Dec 21st is a little long, and I know that I probably won't end up reading them all but I'm going to shoot high!
To be honest I will probably add some others in there as I start looking around at some of the other blogs involved in the challenge.

NON-FICTION:



The Sacred Romance this one has actually been on my shelf to read for a while, but I haven't quite gotten to it (actually instead of reading it I went back and read Eldredge's Waking the Dead) but I plan on starting this one soon.









The Pursuit of God. This book isn't long so I'm hoping that I'll be able to finish this one relatively quick, but who knows with Tozer's deep writing :~) I absolutely loved God's Pursuit of Man.

*** UPDATE: I have finished this book and posted on it here





Following Jesus, I'm actually half-way through this book already. I'm liking it so far, but sometimes I have to read the chapters slowly and some parts more than once (yeah, it's one of those books :~))

*** UPDATE: I have finished this book and posted on it here







What Jesus Demands from the World
, John Piper. This is probably the book I'm most looking forward to. I absolutely LOVE John Piper, I've read two other of his books and I LOVED them.



*** Update: I have finished this book and posted on it here








Traveling Light, Max Lucado. I've had this book forever, and somehow it's just gotten pushed further and further down the pile, but I'm really planning on reading it this time!!





A Dad Shaped Hole in my Heart, H Norman Wright. My friend, Marsha, literally just handed me this book today to borrow nad I'm really looking forward to reading it. ***UPDATE: I have finished this book and posted on it here





I'm not Wonder Woman but God Made Me Wonderful, Sheila Walshe. I've gone to Women of Faith several times and love Sheila, she has an incredible gift I look forward to reading a book of hers.

** UPDATE: I have finished this book and posted on it here.








A Woman's High Calling, Elizabeth George. I've never read Elizabeth George before. Don't know much about her except how much she's recommended.





5 comments:

Alexis said...

Been meaning to tell you I love the new background!!

Let me know when you start the Sacred Romance and I will start over with you. Would love to have someone to discuss it with.

Love Ya

Jenna said...

Sacred Romance is great! I actually started re-reading it a while ago and got distracted. Maybe this is God's way of telling me to pick it back up! :)

Ceri said...

Anything by John Piper is amazing! He is one of our favs too. =) Great list of books.

Joyful said...

Hi Amber,
I found your blog listed @ `For His Glory`.
I love your choice of books for the `Fall into Reading`
I am also doing `Fall into reading`.
I am also reading `Traveling Light` by: Max Lucado.
I need to list it on my reading list as well as `Feather's From My Nest`
Enjoy Reading,
Joyful

Amber said...

For those of you who commented on the Sacred Romance book, I started reading it, but I actually had to put it back down, it wasn't really what I was looking for (right now) I'm going to try to pick it up again in a couple of months!
Mom, I'll let you know when I do decide to read it!