Friday, September 4, 2009

New Contest

Okay, I said that I would have the details tonight, 10:00pm is still tonight... right? :)

If you add my button, subscribe to my e-mail updates, add the blog to your reader, or begin following me you become eligible to win. Because I am unable to track whether or not you add my button to your blog or add my blog to your reader you will need to add a comment letting me know that you did it.

Now, for the prize.

If you are selected, you will win either a copy of the book "Captivating" by John & Stasi Eldredge or a DVD of the movie "Fireproof" (your choice).

The contest will run until Friday, September 11th. I will announce the winner (hopefully) on Saturday the 12th, but at the latest, it will be the following Monday.

***UPDATE: Q & A
There have been a few questions about the contest, so I will be updating with some answers in the post as well as in the comments to make sure you all see them

1. Do we leave a comment on this post or the button post? And do we get more than one entry if we do more than one thing?
Either place is fine, you only need to do it on one post or the other, no need for both.
Also, you can receive an entry for each thing that you do, you only need to leave one comment letting me know which things you have done and I will be assigning each entry a number and then using random.org to select a "number"

2. The button is so cool...but I don't understand it. A button is a picture (as you can see) that is placed on someone else's blog, when a reader of that blog clicks on the button they will be directed to the blog on the button. It's kind of like an ad for your blog. It helps to let people know about your blog and it also increases traffic on your blog by "linking" from someone else's blog.
I'm not sure if you understand the instructions for adding the button or not, if you don't let me know and I will try to give you more clear instructions for adding it to your blog.

3 comments:

Tami Jo said...

Hey...I subscribed (by email)! The button is so cool...but I don't understand it...please help your sister-in-law who is clueless in the blog world.

Jessica-MomForHim said...

I'm confused...do we leave a comment on this post or the button post? And do we get more than one entry if we do more than one thing?

Amber said...

1. Do we leave a comment on this post or the button post? And do we get more than one entry if we do more than one thing?
Either place is fine, you only need to do it on one post or the other, no need for both.
Also, you can receive an entry for each thing that you do, you only need to leave one comment letting me know which things you have done and I will be assigning each entry a number and then using random.org to select a "number"

2. The button is so cool...but I don't understand it. A button is a picture (as you can see) that is placed on someone else's blog, when a reader of that blog clicks on the button they will be directed to the blog on the button. It's kind of like an ad for your blog. It helps to let people know about your blog and it also increases traffic on your blog by "linking" from someone else's blog.
I'm not sure if you understand the instructions for adding the button or not, if you don't let me know and I will try to give you more clear instructions for adding it to your blog.