Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Soaking in God's Love

Lately God has been showing me (again) how much he loves me.

His love is such an unbelievably amazing thing. I pray that I begin to comprehend it more and more on a daily basis, because it is often that the Lord has to take my face gently in his hands, draw me close to His face and say "Amber, I've never stopped loving you, now believe it and act like it!" That's what He did for me today.

This morning when Treyton came into my room to wake me up, he crawled in under the covers and cuddled close. When I was finally ready to get up, I squeezed him and said "Who loves you?" and he said "You do" I said "That's right, I love you all the time, and don't you forget it."

Then Treyton asked a priceless question "Why, why don't you want me to forget it?"
I looked at him and said "I don't want you to forget it because it's very important. I love you all the time, no matter where you are and what you're doing."

In that moment, God pulled my close and said "That's exactly how I feel, Amber. When you realize how much I love you and how unconditional My love is, it will change you, it will change how you feel, how you act and why you act.... soak it in, in every moment you have, soak in my love and what you mean to me. I love you more than you love Treyton, more than you can ever imagine."

It feels good, I pray I never forget to live in His love for me, there's nothing like it.

No comments: