Thursday, September 3, 2009

Standing on Truth

Have you ever been at a place in your walk when you just weren't "feeling it". I have, in fact, I've been there for... awhile now. Though this hasn't been the most fun or easy season of my walk with God, it has certainly been a crucial one.
God has really brought me to a place where I must decide, am I going to trust Him or my emotions? Am I going to stand on truth or what I feel?

This morning, specifically, in my quiet time I felt the Lord say to me that I was still holding myself back from Him, that I wasn't trusting Him completely. He reminded me (again) that the Enemy has been actively (and effectively) filling my head with some lies - causing me to question some of the very fundamental truths I KNOW to be true and I haven't been fighting them with the truth.

God has been faithful, and He will continue to be faithful, but I must choose to stand on His truth. His Word to us is such an unbelievable gift, truly God-Breathed and inspired truth that He has actually given us to touch, read, smell and take-in.

1 John 3:19-20 "By this we shall know that we are of the truth and reassure our heart before Him, for whenever our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and He knows everything."

2 Timothy 2:13 "If we are faithless, He remains faithful, for He cannot deny Himself"

Hebrews 6:18 "It is impossible for God to lie."

These verses have been the ones that the Lord has been pressing on my heart so heavily, reminders that He is bigger than what I am going through.

He is present

He is faithful

He is true

I plan on placing these all over my house so that I can see them, read them and live them even when I don't feel them.

No comments: