Wednesday, November 25, 2009

This is the Way

The last few months of my life have been... unexplainable. I mean, seriously, I don't even know where to begin. I look back on my journal and I'm like - wow! "God, I know you know what's going on and I am thankful because I am absolutely overwhelmed by who you are."


For the longest time I felt as though I were going through a desert, a long painful journey. Since then the Lord has continued to take me on a journey that can only be explained as "life changing". I have heard and felt the Lord in ways I never have before and I have been required to have faith more in this season than maybe any other. The Lord is continually teaching me to trust and to stand on His Word rather than my feelings, this has not been the easiest lesson I have ever learned!

It has been during this time that the Lord has faithfully provided some clear cut "words" He had for me --- you know what I mean, those times that you seem to be hearing the same verse/word over and over again in the strangest places. And after about the 3rd or 4th time you think "hmm... maybe God's trying to tell me something"

For me it went something like this:
1. Wait on Me - Trust Me - not what you are feeling (Isaiah 40:31, Psalm 37:5, Jeremiah 17:7-8)
2. I love you & I am here- (Ephesians 4:14-19) (another post here)
3. I am: your everything - your strength, your provider, your healer: I have great plans for your life and it is through Me and by Me these plans will come to pass (Ephesians 1:18-20, Hebrews 13:20-21, Deuteronomy 31:1-8) call on Me and let Me do My work in your life.

4. Follow Me I am leading you (Isaiah 30:21)

The last week or so the verse that comes to me over and over is Isaiah 30:21... I had actually heard it for the first time over 2 years ago at a women's retreat I went to, and to be honest, I wasn't impressed at the time. But for some reason it just keeps coming up - so finally today I decided to go and read the section of scripture it was in and all I can say is....

God is faithful!

The entire section spoke to me and applied to the journey and the process that God is taking me through.

This is what Isaiah 30:18-22 says:
"Therefore the Lord waits to be gracious to you, and therefore He exalts Himself to show mercy to you. For the Lord is a God of Justice; blessed are all those who wait for Him.
For a people shall dwell in Zion in Jerusalem; you shall weep no more. He will surely be gracious to you at the sound of your cry. As soon as He hears it, He answers you.
And though the Lord give you the bread of adversity and the water of affliction, yet your Teacher will not hide himself anymore, but your eyes shall see your Teacher.
And your ears shall hear a word behind you saying "This is the way, walk in it," when you turn to the right or when you turn to the left.
Then you will defile your carved idols overlaid with silver and your gold-plated metal images. You will scatter them as unclean things. You will say to them, "Be gone!"

The beauty of this verse is that even though there were main words that God was speaking into my life there were also little lessons and messages that God was teaching me through this time as well and some them included: getting rid of my idol (myself), that God was going to reveal Himself to me in a powerful way, and that God is True and Just - as I was dealing with some of my "relational issues" I struggled with the truth that God was the ultimate Judge and Revenger of my pain - not me.... these verses speak to those struggles and lessons as well.

I don't really know how clearly this is all coming out (if at all) but the real message I wanted to share with you guys this morning was that:
God has shown Himself to be a gracious God. I can't help but worship the King who is more powerful, more complex, more magnificent and more sovereign than we will ever be able to comprehend. He has not only the world in His hands, but our individual lives - He is certainly a God of detail and order and NOTHING, absolutely nothing is by coincidence. Go through this day looking for the messages and words that God has for your life He is speaking into your life... are you listening?

1 comment:

Deborah Ann said...

Love this post. Your words are so encouraging and hope-filled. My heart's in better shape since I stopped in.

Have a blessed Thanksgiving!