Thursday, December 17, 2009

Answering Your Questions!

My mom recently asked me a bunch of questions regarding my book lists for 2009 and 2010. I thought that instead of posting them in the comment section I would answer some of her questions here.

These are a few of the comments she left:

The Same Kind of Different as Me 




I read this book early in the year (February to be exact). It's been a while, but the impact of the book remains. 
This book is a true-story about two men from opposite worlds - a homeless drifter (Denver Moore) and an upscale art dealer (Ron Hall) and the woman with a dream who brought them together. It's an amazing story about what real love is capable of doing and an example of why we, as Christians, need to put our actions where our mouth is!
It was a little slower of a read, for me, probably because the story is told from two separate perspectives, but the story was definitely good enough to keep me interested.
A beautiful example of God's providence.

Get Out of That Pit by Beth Moore


This was an exceptional book, one of the best ones I read all year. I am planning on writing a post specifically regarding this book, so stay tuned to that!!

Daily Devotional for 2010



Actually I have not found a devotional for 2010, I mentioned this in my 2009 book list, but I have NEVER done a yearly devotional for an entire year before, excluding Jesus Calling. To be honest, I didn't expect to find one for the coming up year.
Right now, my plan is to start out reading "The Purpose Driven Life" which I have never read - it is a 40 day type thing, from there I am uncertain of where I am going. I did considered re-reading Jesus Calling. (it was that good)
I also have a copy of Oswald Chamber's My Utmost for His Highest, which I pick up every now and again and enjoy.


Crazy Love by Francis Chan




EXCELLENT READ!! DO THE STUDY! (I hope that's enough excitement for you)
I absolutely loved the Crazy Love book, Crazy Love is in the top five of my favorite books of all time! Incredible, powerful, real.
I did have a post on a section of Crazy Love here, if you would like to read it. This is only one section of the book, all of them are just as good, if not better.
Crazy Love also has their own website with some incredible clips and videos, I recommend the one called "The Awe Factor"

1 comment:

Alexis said...

Thanks Amber, as usual you have been extremely helpful.
Love Ya,