Monday, December 14, 2009

Book List for 2009

Last year I posted my book list for 2008, a list of the books that I remembered reading. This year I signed up at www.goodreads.com to keep track of the books I read and my ratings of them. I recommend this site, if this is something you are interested in.

Now that the year is drawing to an end and I have a little bit of time, I thought I would share with you the books I read this year:

~ Safe in the Arms of God by John Macarthur
~ When God Weeps by Joni Eareckson Tada
~ Deadline by Randy Alcorn (fiction)
~ Living Beyond Yourself, Bible Study by Beth Moore
~ Same Kind of Different as me by Ron Hall
~ Lies Women Believe and the Truth that Sets Them Free by Nancy Leigh DeMoss
~ The Mantle of Esther: The Power of Intercession by Larry Christenson
~ A Book You'll Actually Read on the Old Testament by Mark Driscoll
~ God's Pursuit of Man by A.W. Tozer 
    Part 1

~ The Busy Mom's Guide to Prayer by Lisa Welchel 

~ Crazy Love by Francis Chan 
~ He Speaks to Me: Preparing to Hear the Voice of God by Priscilla Shirer
~ Spectacular Sins by John Piper 
~ The Pursuit of God by A.W. Tozer 
~ Double Minds by Terri Blackstock (fiction)
~ Esther: It's Tough Being a Woman, A Bible Study by Beth Moore 
~ Get out of That Pit by Beth Moore 
~ Calm my Anxious Heart by Linda Dillow 
~ Following Jesus by N.T. Wright 
~ A Dad Shaped Hole in my Heart by Norman Wright 
~ I'm not Wonder Woman but God made me Wonderful by Sheila Walsh 
~ What Jesus Demands from the World by John Piper (technically I haven't finished this book but I have 17 days left!!)

I would recommend most of the books that I read this year, but I went ahead and bolded the books that I thought were EXCEPTIONAL reads and that I think that you could all benefit from reading! The books that I've posted on throughout the year each have a link attached to them so that you can go back and read some of my thoughts (if you're interested).

I hope that I can maybe inspire some of you to pick up a book, a warm cup of cappucino and cuddle up on the couch to read - it's just the best!!

3 comments:

Jodi said...

Hi, thank you for listing "Same Kind of Different as Me" in your 2009 book list! I work with Thomas Nelson, and we would love to follow your blog and hear what readers think of this exciting book. I also want to let you know that Ron and Denver have just released a new book "What Difference Do It Make?" which updates readers on their activity since the first book came out. Please contact me with your mailing address if you are interested in receiving a complimentary copy of the new book for review on your site at your convenience. I would also like to send you a complimentary copy of Beth Moore's "Get Out of that Pit" for you to offer as a giveaway or use however you like, since you marked it as exceptional :)

Thanks!

Jodi Hughes
pubintern@thomasnelson.com

Alexis said...

Congrats on the free book and request to review it. When you have time could you give us a synopsis of "Same Kind of Different as Me"? I also noticed that you marked "Get Out of That Pit" as exceptional. I have had it sitting next to my bed for months but maybe I should follow your suggestion and open the cover!! Also, just wanted to second your opinion of "Jesus Calling" I absolutely LOVED it and I too have a hard time sticking with a devotional for very long at a time. I have not found a daily devotional for 2010 yet. Do you have any suggestions? Am thinking I may just reread "Jesus Calling".
Thanks for all your hard work in keeping us all informed and your encouragement to keep us searching.

Alexis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.