Monday, February 8, 2010

My Man is Awesome!

Have I mentioned how amazing or talented my husband is lately?

Well, if I haven't let me just state for the record - HE IS!!My husband is the BEST!

This weekend, while Treyton and I had a little mommy and son time Saturday morning, Tim and Alexa went out to Tim's shop and put together a little something for the family.

Tim and I have been discussing for a while what we would like to do over our fireplace, as far as decoration. We wanted some sort of a cross thing, and Tim had talked about maybe making something at work (he owns a metal company), or having an artist guy he knows make something for us (out of metal). I thought it sounded like a great idea --- well, on Saturday Tim got the ball rolling.

He had a "prototype" made up by the time Treyton and I got home but he wanted to make a few changes to it. So yesterday, he went back to the shop before the superbowl and started working on a new model. He then went back (after the super bowl) to finish it up. Well, at 11:30 last night he finished it (I don't totally know, because I was already sleeping :)). This morning this is what I found in my living room. 
 

 
(Note: I do plan on moving the plaque above the cross to something else, but for now, that's what's there so...) 

Isn't it AWESOME?!!?

7 comments:

Catherine said...

I love it! It immediately made me think of this verse:

"If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me and for the gospel will save it."
Mark 8:34

Amber said...

Catherine,
That is exactly what I think of too!! I really think of it as a great reminder to what I'm supposed to be doing daily!!

Tim (Amber's Hubby) said...

Aww thanks Babe, I'm glad you like it!

Mandi Miller said...

That is really cool!!

Tami Jo said...

WOW...Way to go Timmy! I would have to say that I have a pretty cool and talented brother ;)

BTW Tim - how is the hammock coming? Have you made it chunky proof yet for Tom and I?

Jessica-MomForHim said...

That is really cool. I love the simplicity of it. Tim could totally sell those online!

Michelle said...

That's awesome. I'm with Jessica...the simplicity is great!