Monday, February 22, 2010

*Review* "Love Your Heart" by Tim McGraw & Tom Douglas

We got in the mail today our newest book to review from Thomas Nelson. "Love Your Heart" by Tim McGraw and Tom Douglas. The kids and I read it 3 times so far and then Dad read it to them once after dinner. It is definitely being enjoyed in our home, so far!

I think this book is absolutely adorable. It's message is simple but one that all parents want to convey to their children and that is that: we love all of the great things that they do - their funny sayings and cute cheeks, their loud singing and hilarious dance moves but above all that we love their hearts!!

In a story about a girl searching for a talent for the school talent show, a larger lesson is learned and that is that kindness and beauty from the heart more valuable than any talent you might possess. A simple truth but one we all often miss.

The illustrations were cute, not my favorite style, but still cute. I particularly liked some of the outfits Katie wore throughout the book. My only negative would be that the name of the dog in the book is "Palio" - I know it's kind of silly but when reading a book to my kids I hate when I come up against names I have no idea how to pronounce and the fact is, Tim and I pronounced I differently, which is something that could be avoided.
Like I said, it's the only negative I have, so overall I rate this book pretty high, I'm glad it's a part of our family library and I would certainly recommend it to other families.

I received this book free from Thomas Nelson Publishers as part of their BookSneeze.com review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

No comments: