Monday, February 1, 2010

{Review} Words that Rhyme with Orange - Ross King

Photobucket

Words that Rhyme with Orange, Music CD for children

Age Group This Book/Product is for: 2-12

Put out by: Ross King of Ross King Music

Price: $12.00

Buy Cd and listen to a sample

Purchase at itunes

Purchase at Amazon.com

Note: Ross King Music is independent and “self-produced, which means this product in only available online and not in stores.

I feel so blessed to be writing my first review for Mama Bzz !!


My kids LOVE music - Treyton loves to sing and play his "guitar" and Lexie loves to dance and twirl Any music with even a little bit of a beat gets them on their feet and moving! I don't know where they get it, Tim and I certainly love music but we are in no way musically talented or gifted... at all! But the kids seem to actually have a little bit of rhythm.

This might explain why as soon as we opened the mail and saw our copy of Ross King's "Words that Rhyme with Orange"  CD Treyton wanted to listen to it! The CD was a hit as soon as the first song started! The beat had Lexie bouncing and nodding her head in less than 3 seconds!! Treyton ran to grab his "guitar" to play along.

Treyton's favorite song was the 3rd track " If I wasn't so cute" because of the beat of it - I liked "Juciebox" (the 2nd track) because it actually made me laugh out loud.

The kids listened through the entire CD the first time we played it which is saying something. As much as they love music they love to change CDs in the CD player, but this one they managed to keep in.


To be honest, we don't have alot of children's music that I don't find annoying - my kids are the kids that know mostly adult worship songs because that's all that I can handle listening to for long periods of time. We do listen to some children's CDs but it's on a limited basis. That was one of the things that most impressed me with this CD - the fact that it didn't manage to annoy me! (am I being too honest about myself here - ;))

After Tim got home, Treyton and I showed him a few of our favorite songs - Treyton knew which songs he liked and which ones he didn't. Tim, like me, laughed out loud a couple of times at the songs and thought the CD was pretty cute.

We've listened to the CD several times since we got it - I wanted to let the kids choose it on their own if they wanted too and they certainly did.

Disclosure: We were provided with this product, free of charge, by Ross King Music, in association with MamaBuzz, for the purposes of this tour


2 comments:

Ticia said...

LOVE that first picture of Treyton.
Did you grow up on the Kid's Praise music at all? You know, Psalty the Singing Songbook? That's some of the few kid's music I like.

JDaniel4's Mom said...

This was my first MamaBzz review too. What a great thing to start with.