Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Coming Home and A Little More

 I am so in love! As I look at my daughter only a few feet away from me, I am overloaded with mommy love!! She is absolutely precious and in only 5 short days she has seemed to change and grow already. Time is flying by me and I am desperately trying to slow it down, or at the very least remember every possible detail!

I was awake last night nursing Audrey, and as I was laying there looking at her I was utterly amazed at the miracle that she is. I cannot even begin to understand, even for a moment, the complexity of human life and the gift it is to be a mom. I know I'm getting a little "mommy-hormonal" on you all here, and you'll just have to excuse me, but honestly, I feel so blessed.

We were able to bring Audrey home sooner than our first two children, after 24 hours of her birth we were out the door and on our way home. Such a blessing for both Tim and I to be able to be at home and recover here. 
Since the moment she was born Audrey has proven herself an individual and unique from her brother in sister! Her size is the most obvious difference. Though Audrey was not considered a preemie, she certainly was to me!! She was so small and MUCH weaker than our first two children had ever been, and I was feeling completely unprepared! I am thankful that in just three days she seems to have gained a lot of strength and is much easier for us to handle.
She also nurses differently and sleeps more than either of our other two, she prefers to be skin-to-skin for nursing and right next to mom for sleeping. While I am not completely opposed to co-sleeping, I can tell you now, it's not something that is for us, long term. I hate to encourage it now, but at the same time, the doctors and nurses did mention with her being a little early that it was particularly important to hold her close, skin to skin as much as possible. 

Overall I can't complain really, so far, Audrey is the easiest baby we have had. I pray that she stays content and easy going. It would be nice to have at least one :) though I know now we can handle any personality she may develop.

The other kids are adjusting so well to bringing in a new sister. Treyton wants to help with everything, and wants to hold her whenever he can, and Alexa is always wanting to tell you about the baby's body parts (especially her eyes!). Alexa gives lots of kisses to Audrey, it's so cute and completely random - priceless.
Treyton keeps telling us how little and cute Audrey is - at the hospital he said "I wish I was a baby, they are sooo cute!"

Homecoming Pictures
Treyton quickly grabbed Audrey out of the carseat, he couldn't wait to hold her!
While we were at the hospital we were telling Treyton that his stuffed dinosaur was probably bigger than Audrey - moments after we walked in the house he needed to verify one way or the other!

Mommy and Audrey ready to go home!
First time Alexa held Audrey

Kisses from Alexa to Audrey.
 Here is a picture of the three kids doing tummy time

8 comments:

Tami Jo said...

You sure know how to bring tears to a hormonal preggo mama! I am so excited for all of you and am truly blessed to be called Aunt to all three of your precious kids. I love the picture of the three of them during tummy time...priceless!

Mandi Miller said...

Congratulations!!! She is just gorgeous!!!!!!!

Jessica-MomForHim said...

So precious! Glad you are home and doing well. :-)

Jenna said...

I saw the 'tummy time' picture and literally said 'OH!' outloud because it is so precious! You are SUCH a blessed Momma :)

Catherine said...

How sweet!! This really makes me want my baby now!

Ticia said...

Sigh, I love little baby pictures like that. They're so cute! Especially the dwarfed baby in that big car seat.

Beccy said...

Hi Amber! What cute pictures! All three are so very precious - so exciting to finally see little Audrey! Glad she is gaining and growing. How true that they change so fast. Hope you're doing as well as can be expected too. Miss seeing you guys. I'd love to drop by with a meal in a few weeks - the stage when you're still really tired but there isn't as much help around. :)

Ashley Skye said...

I love the pictures of Treyton and Alexa holding her that is so cute - Also the tummy time pictures could pretty much bring a smile to any face!! WOW I love your family