Monday, March 8, 2010

Review - God As He Longs for You to See Him

It's been a while since I have posted about any of the books I've read. My book list continues to change (as I knew it would) and I haven't necessarily updated the blog book list yet. BUT I am still reading, even if I'm not posting about it like I should! 

While I had the chance (and am ordered to rest on the couch for a few days) I thought I would review real quickly the Chip Ingram book I finished this past month "God As He Longs For You to See Him".

I loved this book!

I wrote about it here, when I'd first started reading it, and to be honest the book only got better for me from there. It did take me a while to get through it, but not because it was hard reading but because I really wanted to soak it all in.

In this book, Ingram discussed in detail 7 character attributes of God: His goodness, sovereignty, holiness, wisdom, justice, love and faithfulness. Each character offered me something that although I knew about God I didn't "know" about God. Through reading this book I honestly feel much closer to my Father. I know that I don't know all that I should know or even believe the important stuff fully as I should, but this book certainly helped me get one step closer.

I think I would have to say my favorite chapters were on God's holiness and wisdom. Both attributes are ones that truly blow me away about God. I cannot begin to comprehend the greatness and fullness of God - none of us can, but oh how great He is!!

Instead of continuing to ramble on (my mind really isn't connecting like it should right now) I wanted to include here a clip of a video that Tim and I watched the other night - there are other clips of Louie Giglio, I would encourage you to check them out (they are INCREDIBLE!) but here is the one we first watched that blew our minds!




There is a part 3, if you would like to check it out.

2 comments:

Sarah Ruth said...

Sounds like a great book! I will check it out!

Stopping by from SITS to say WELCOME!!

Heather said...

Sounds like a good book & yes, what a GREAT God we serve. No way we can comprehend is unfailing love, grace, and sovereignity.
Heather @ www.savingmoneylivinglife.com
OH & WELCOME to SITS!