Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Presence of God

Psalm 105:4 "Seek the Lord and His strength; seek His presence continually!" 
I stumbled over this verse a few days ago in my quiet time and I have been feasting on it's beauty for the last several days.

I don't get much quiet time these days. The kids are waking up before me now (due to the early light) and my nights are filled with exhaustion and not enough energy to read. I praise the Lord for prayer, because I've been able to do it throughout my day, even without a lot of time, but it's been mostly talking, not much listening.

One day earlier this week I actually got some time to get alone with the Lord, and I loved it. I was telling the Lord how much I desired His presence and how much I cherished those moments that it feels like we touch. It's energizing in a way that nothing else compares too. (even sleep!) During this time, He showed me this verse.
I LOVE how the Lord works and how He gives us exactly what we need when we need it. And this verse for me was a message, just for me, in a moment that I needed it.

Quiet times are nice, even essential (I feel) but the truth is I can't stay in quiet time all day, yet I am challenged over and over in the Word to seek His Presence, walk in His presence, and live in His presence. And even more than that I have a desire to be in His presence; we all do, even if we can't describe it as such.

I want and need God's presence all the time, not just in my quiet time. I want to feel Him walking through every moment with me. I want Him to be the first person that comes to mind in every situation. I want to love Him to the fullest of my ability. I want to hear Him speak to me all throughout my day. I want my ears to be open to His voice. I desire Him on so many levels, yet I fail to feel His presence when I know that He is with me.

This verse encourages me because I know that God would not tell me to seek something that I couldn't find. The desire for God is a great thing, but without action it's pointless, so I know what I need to do, and that is SEEK.

1 comment:

For His Glory said...

AMEN. And to go along with it: Seek and ye shall find!