Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Review: God's Promises for Boys

God's Promises for Boys written by Jack Countryman & Amy Parker

A children's topical devotional book for boys, this book is one that we will use over and over again in the near future. Covering situations and struggles that all boys will face at some point in their life, this book is a great tool. I look forward to using it as a resource in future training. One of my favorite things about this book is that there isn't much in the way of the author's opinions, it's almost all scripture which I find refreshing. I have other topical books and resources but I like the option of pulling out a more child-friendly resource when working with my 5 year old on character issues.

Though this is a book intended for boys it could easily be adjusted to being used with daughters as well.

The only thing that I would have changed about the book is that I would have added an index in the back by topic and verse. It can be a little challenging to find what I am looking for. Minor, I think, but thought I would add it to my review.

I received this book for free for review purposes through Thomas Nelson Publishers. The opinions expressed are my own. 

No comments: