Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Review: Snikiddy Cheddar Fries

“Snikiddy® is a brand of great tasting snacks made from simple, wholesome and real ingredients. They are a healthy snacking alternative for toddlers, kids, and adults. Snikiddy Snacks put a smile on everyone’s faces.”

A healthy, tasty alternative to typical fried snacks like potato chips, making them a favorite for families seeking healthy snack options-

  • All Natural
  • Gluten-free
  • Wheat-free
  • No corn syrup
  • Peanut-free
  • No preservatives
  • No trans fats
  • No hydrogenated oils
  • 50% less fat than potato chips

Price: 4.5 oz. bag for $1.79

REVIEW

sn_fries_cheddar_pdp_lowres-130x190 Being a somewhat healthy and food conscience family, we are always on the lookout for some wholesome, good for you, taste good snacks. So when I was given the opportunity to review the Snikiddy Cheddar Cheese fries I was excited.

The fries, are actually made with potato flakes, giving it a similar texture of a funyun, which I liked. But, the taste was only okay for me. The fry tasted like fake cheese, and left a taste in my mouth. 

I decided I needed a little backup in the taste-testing department so everyone in the family (except Audrey) got a sample tasting.

Treyton said, “Are these good for you? They taste good for you.” and then he asked for some more.

Lexie loved them (though she only had one because of the cheese), she wanted more.

Tim, in his deepest thought voice said “They’re okay.”

I actually think the fry itself is pretty good, my problem may be with the seasoning, so maybe a different flavor? It’s hard to say. I wouldn’t rate it as the worst wholesome food I’ve eaten (far from it), but they’re not my favorite either.

MORE INFORMATION

To learn more about Snikiddy, the available products and deals visit the following:

http://snikiddy.com/

http://snikiddy.alice.com/

http://twitter.com/snikiddy

http://www.facebook.com/Snikiddy?v=wall

Keywords: Snikiddy

Other Info: Sweepstakes at Facebook.com/Snikiddy.  Fill out the sweeps tab to enter for a chance to win the weekly drawing for a Snikiddy gift basket or the grand prize- a Jamis kids' bike.

Buy Snikiddy sharing packs at Snikiddy.Alice.com and get $1 off, plus FREE shipping.

I received a complimentary sample of this product for review purposes through mamabzz. The opinions are my own.

No comments: