Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Review: ECO Store

As a family that works hard to be as natural as feasibly possible for us, I was excited when I was give the chance to pick two ECO Store products to review.

This is a quote from ECO Store’s website about their products:

“Our eco friendly, plant-based household cleaning products are as effective as the leading supermarket brands, and our body and baby care ranges are gentle on your skin and are simply beautiful to use. All of our products are made from plant- and mineral-based ingredients, free of toxic chemicals that bring people closer to nature with non-toxic, environmentally safe solutions that also help to reduce our carbon footprint.”

I chose to review their baby body wash and their all-purpose cleaner. I read on a lot of other blogs how easy it is to make your own all-natural cleaning products that work well, but that’s just one thing I haven’t had the time to get into, and I don’t see that changing anytime soon, so the opportunity to use a product that is safe, clean and natural for our family is a true blessing.

All-Purpose Cleaner:

image My favorite thing about the all-purpose cleaner was that it didn’t smell weird!! I know that seems strange, but I’ve never been a big fan of bland cleaning supply smells. I like when my cleaners have a smell to them…. it makes me feel like I’m doing something. This cleaner has a citrusy smell, which I could get used to.

As far as it’s cleaning power: I used this cleaner on my dining room table, my countertops, my toilet seats, sinks and shower– all of them came out as clean as any other cleaner I have used on them. I don’t know why, but this surprised me. There were no streaks on my shower or sink handles, they were left clean and spotless.

This product retails for $9.00, I wish it were a little cheaper, but worth the price for the peace of mind that you and your children aren’t breathing in nasty, poisonous fumes and toxins, while still using an effective product.

Baby Wash:

I wasn’t a huge fan of the smell of this product, one day Lexa had image gotten a little bit on her hands without me knowing about it, and had come to me to wash it off, I thought she had gotten into some type of “medicine” or itch cream. (I think you can tell by this review that smells are a big deal to me…. I have an EXCELLENT sense of smell). It isn’t overly strong or anything, it’s just not “babyish” smelling.

However, once I washed the kids and the soap rinsed off the kids smelled great – they smelled more like “themselves”. Which was nice.

This product retails for $10.00.

Overall Review:

Comparatively speaking, these products are not unreasonably priced and they work good.

While I did experience some shipping issues, I am not sure if this is a common problem with the company or a result of the review that was going on. While some reviewer received free bars of soap for their inconvenience, I was not so lucky, no free soap for me :(

MamaBuzz

I received this product for free for review purposes through my relationship with mama buzz. The opinions expressed are my own.

No comments: