Thursday, September 16, 2010

Book Review: Princess Bible

image Given the opportunity to review the Princess Bible from Tyndale, I knew Alexa would be thrilled so I signed up for it right away.

Lexa has not yet gotten into the whole “princess thing”, but knowing that she is a fairly typical girl, I assume she will at some point. And regardless of not being an over-the-top princess lover, she was completely taken with her new Bible! Here she is, moments after receiving it.

To be honest, I’m not a big fan of the whole “Disney Princess Theme” – individually I like the princesses, I mean who doesn’t like Belle and Cinderella? But collectively all the pink and the dresses, it’s just too much for me, and completely over done (if you ask me). I was grateful to not only see another alternative but a Christian one at that!!

This Bible devotional book is broken down by Bible story princess, starting with Eve, then Sarah, then Miriam. Each story is re-written in a fun, rhyming, two-paragraph paraphrase, followed by a short saying and a fill-in-your-child’s name statement. An adorable concept allowing all princess loving girls to realize that they themselves are God’s princess, what that means and how special they really are to their Father in heaven.

Alexa LOVES this Bible, she even asks to read it more than her Veggie Tales Bible (which is saying something!) We have read 4-5 stories a day since we got it in the mail, and it’s the first things she shows people when they come over.

This is a cute book, and I would recommend it for any princess loving young girl.

You can purchase your very own princess Bible for $11.09.

Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy of this book for review purposes through my relationship with Mama Bzz. The opinions expressed are my own.

No comments: