Saturday, September 18, 2010

Review: A Christmas Prayer

image Written for children between the ages of 4-8, A Christmas Prayer is based on the prayer of a child, thanking God for the people and things in the Christmas story.

I love the opening line in the book “I sit here by the tree and look up at the start. With loving family all around, I see how blessed we are. So this, my Christmas prayer, is not for toys and dolls – It’s thanking You for Christmas gifts You’ve given to us all.”

This book is another reminder for your child, what the Christmas season is all about, and that it’s NOT the presents they may receive. Creatively written, this story focuses on many characters in the nativity taking a moment to shed some light on why they were individually an important part of The Story.

I enjoyed the easy-to-read, flowing rhyme of the story that maintains the attention of my children and that I like to read to them.

My kids and I enjoyed this book, if you’re looking for a good book to help point your child to the true meaning of Christmas is a fun, thankful way, I would recommend checking this book out.

Disclosure: I was given this book as part of the Blogger review program Book Sneeze, for the purpose of my review, the opinions expressed are my own.

No comments: