Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Isms: Common Sayings

IMG_0120One of the things I love about my kids is that they go through stages where they have sayings that they use all the time. For a while, Lexie’s would mimic whatever Treyton’s was, but as she’s getting older she too is developing a few of her own.

For Treyton, a few of his favorites have been: 

“Duuude!”

“That’s what I’m talking about” (he’s used this one for a while now)

“Oh yeah! I SMOKED ya!” (if he’s winning, otherwise, you “smoked” him)

“That’s true.”

“Woo hoo!!”

 IMG_0140

Alexa has been using the following sayings often:

“Perfect! Just Perfect!” (this is an exasperated expression for her)

“Yeah Baby! That’s what I’m talking about!”

“Lamb” Her little lamb that she carries with her everwhere started out as “Lalalalala” then graduated to “Lamby” and is now simply “Lamb”. I keep trying to encourage “Lamby” because I personally think that’s cuter, but this girl has a mind of her own, when she makes her mind up about something, there seems to be no changing it.

“What you doin’, Mama?”

“Oh My gosh” (not a favorite of mom and dad’s we’ve been working hard to change it to “Oh My Word”

“I can do it!”

“I know, I know” she says this when I am correcting her, and though she isn’t listening or obeying she will look at me and say “I know, I know” to which I reply “Then do it!”

No comments: