Friday, January 7, 2011

I Love Him, Too

imageI love God.

I really do love Him. Right now, in my heart, there is actually an ache of emotion, not just devotion towards Him.

It isn’t always like this.

Some days I don’t feel love towards God, I will to love Him instead.

Today is a good day, and I don’t want it to change. I want to always love God this way. I want to remember, every day, why I love Him this way.

The Bible tells me that I love Him, ‘because He first loved me’ (1 John 4:19), so it’s probably more appropriate to say, I love Him, too. For (as Beth Moore says it) there will never be a time that I say ‘I love you’ to God, that He hasn’t just spoke the words ‘I love you’ over me.

I love God, too….

… because He knows my deepest thoughts and not only loves me anyway, but actively seeks to have a relationship with me.

… because He is a hopeless romantic and isn’t afraid to lavish His unrelenting love all over me.

… because He is dramatic and He made me dramatic too.

… because He chose me.

… because He is a God of detail.

… because He doesn’t outright kill me in my sin (though He would be fully justified if He did).

… because He inspires me to be (and not just do) better.

… because He’s believed in me when I didn’t deserve it, when no one else would have.

… because He has NEVER lied to me.

… because He is good all the time – it isn’t what He does, it’s who He is, there is none like Him.

… because I can never fully know all of Him. He is an infinite God (and I don’t even know what that means).

… because He blessed me with a husband and children I never deserved and has given me the wisdom to realize it!

My list could go on, and on, I suppose, but those are the reasons I thought of today, what about you? What are some of the reasons why you love God, too?