Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Why We Homeschool: Reason Number 1

Most of you are aware that we home school, we do this for a variety of reasons, but mostly we do it because we are called to it (for at least this season). But by His grace we are often given even more reasons why we love home schooling.

IMG_0219 Today was one of those days.

This morning school went only so-so for Treyton and I, he was really struggling to listen and so it was taking us twice as long to do things as we should. So we took it easy after lunch.

The kids spent the afternoon playing side by side. The two of them were laughing harder than I’ve ever been able to get them to laugh on my own. Making memories and bringing laughter and excitement all through out our home.

Having our children grow up as best friends is very important to Tim and I. Having a three year difference between our kids and the fact that they are opposite genders are seemingly small obstacles to overcome until you add to it spending more than half the day apart while Treyton would be in school. There wouldn’t be much time for them to develop a solid relationship. 

The days that our children are spending at home, learning together, is time that they are also getting to know one another better.

Being homeschooled, side-by-side with my three sisters, I can personally attest to the fact, that being around one another as often as we were can drive you crazy!! But it also drives you closer. My sisters and I are extremely close, even when we don’t talk all the time (which lets be honest, doesn’t happen very often).

I wanted the same for my children regardless of age difference and sex. Homeschooling our children gives us the best chance possible of doing this.

2 comments:

Tana said...

That is too funny.

Jessica-MomForHim said...

This is one of our major reasons, too. :-) I can't imagine them being separated all the time.