Friday, February 4, 2011

Oh How He Loves Me!!

This morning in my quiet time, I was reading Psalm 126 & 127.

Psalm 126:1-6

“When the LORD brought back the captives to Zion, we were like men who dreamed. Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, "The LORD has done great things for them." The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy. Restore our fortunes, O LORD, like streams in the Negev. Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy. He who goes out weeping, carrying seed to sow, will return with songs of joy, carrying sheaves with him.”

And 127:1-5

“Unless the LORD builds the house, its builders labor in vain. Unless the LORD watches over the city, the watchmen stand guard in vain. In vain you rise early and stay up late, toiling for food to eat-- for he grants sleep to those he loves. Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate.”

Without going into a lot of detail, I will say that, God met me right where I needed Him too, in the moment I needed Him to. If you read my earlier post you will remember that I have been having a hard time sleeping lately. That is the tip of the iceberg in all that these verses spoke to me.

God amazes me, I mean, blows me away with His love for me.

The Lord has been revealing to me recently, some things about my sin nature, how sinful my heart is and how serious it is in the presence of His holiness. And how even as a Christian I continue to sin against Him. Yet He chooses to continue to pour His mercy and grace all over me.

I am so undeserving.

Yet, He loves me.

How amazing is He?

That He chooses to not only love a sinner like me but to pour out blessing after blessing in my life, in spite of me is unfathomable!

I love Him. I truly love Him. And the only reason I love Him is because He first loved me. (1 John 4:19)

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

Beautiful post. God is good and his grace and mercy astound me too. Thanks for sharing.

Government Grants said...

You have shown the god grace very beautifully such that all the god's things are beautiful and your family is also god's grace. They all are very beautiful.