Friday, February 25, 2011

Review: Lexie’s Bible

image I was so excited to get the chance to review The Shiny Sequin Children’s Bible – the second I saw it I knew Lexie just had to have it!!

This Bible is written in the International Children’s Bible (ICB) version, which I haven’t had lots of experience with, but from what we have read so far we have enjoyed.

Tim sat down one night and compared some of the verses in the ICB with the ESV (our preferred version), and actually said he might like to use the ICB to read for himself at times. IMG_0022 When I first showed Lexie her new Bible she took a big gasp and said “Oohhh my goodness, cupcakes!!” She thought the sequins were cupcakes :)

She has loved her new Bible – I’ve caught her several times just sitting in the corner “reading” her new Bible, flipping through the pages and saying “Jesus loves me, this I know, for the Bible tells me so”.

So far we’ve loved this Bible, and I think it’s a perfect “big kid” Bible for kids between the ages of 2-10.

Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy of this book as part of the BookSneeze blogger reviewer team. The opinions expressed are my own.

No comments: