Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Treytonism: I Love Being a Kid

IMG_0018 Tonight on his way home from AWANA Treyton and Tim were talking about what he did tonight at Spark’s Tim was encouraging Treyton, telling him what a good job he had done completing his memory verse and questions on John 3:16.

One of the questions they went over was ‘What happens when I trust the Lord Jesus as my savior?” and Treyton answered it “You get to go to heaven.”

Treyton brought the conversation to a sudden turn when he said: “I want to die when I’m a kid.”

Tim: Why’s that? You don’t want to die, why would you want to die?

Treyton: Because I want to be a kid when I’m in heaven.

Tim: It doesn’t matter how old you are you’ll always be my kid, you don’t need to worry about that.

To which Treyton replied “I just really like being a kid.”

IMG_0003

When Tim told me this tonight, I couldn’t help but feel my heart break a little bit, but at the same time I was filled with joy to know that Treyton knows what it means to live life to the fullest, and to know that heaven is far better than any life here on earth. Heaven is as much a reality to him as earth and he isn’t scared of the unknown, he has faith enough to even long for it.

No comments: