Monday, March 21, 2011

Spring Reading Challenge

image
I am so motivated to get some reading done this spring so I think I am looking forward to the Spring Reding Thing Challenge more than ever!!
For this Spring’s Callapidder Days Challenge I am hoping to read the following books:

Non-Fiction
Hard to Believe by John MacArthur
The Well Behaved Child by John Rosemund
The Discipline of Grace by Jerry Bridges
When I Don’t Desire God by John Piper
Radical Together by David Platt
Luther Gold Compiled by Ray Comfort
Respectable Sins by Jerry Bridges

Fiction
Black by Ted Dekker
Red by Ted Dekker
White by Ted Dekker
Adam by Ted Dekker



Goals
My goal is really simple and it’s to read 2 books a month. I’m hoping to do more than that, but I want to keep my goal attainable and not too big, so I’m going to go with 2 a month.
I would also like to write posts on each book that I read.

Interested?
If you are interested in The Spring Reading Thing 2011 Challenge, set your own goals and join in. The Challenge runs March 20 - June 20.

3 comments:

Alexis said...

You read "Bad Girls of the Bible" in high school. (but that was soooo long ago you probably don't remember!!!

Hope you LOVE "The Circle Series" as much as I did - one piece of advice read green, red, black, (or whatever order they go in FIRST - I know it says they are a circle but White is a much better ending than beginning - it makes more sense after you have read the other ones.

Susanne said...

We did Bad Girls of the Bible as a ladies study group and really liked it. The series by Ted Dekker is really good too and has another title to it now, "Green". Happy spring reading!

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Hope you're enjoying your spring reading so far! I really liked Dekker's Circle Trilogy (though I didn't like his follow-up, Green, as much). And I have Respectable Sins on my bookshelf...just haven't read it yet. Thanks for being part of the challenge!