Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Waterpark Fun

This past weekend we were given the chance to stay at the Kalahari water park in Wisconsin Dells. If you’ve never been there it’s amazing – there’s tons of stuff to do there. They have a huge indoor water park as well as an indoor theme park (dry) with an arcade.

We had a really great time, and since it’s been way too long since I’ve put some pictures on here, I decided I would go ahead and share these with ya’!

THEME PARK

IMG_0140

The Ferris Wheel was one of Lexie’s favorite things! She preferred it when “all of us” (as she likes to say) would do it together.

IMG_0139

Although it doesn’t look like it in the picture, Audrey really liked the Ferris wheel as well. She even laughed a couple of times when it would start going. I think in this picture, she’s just a little weirded out by her big brother ;) who, by the way, really does act like that most of the time!!

IMG_0120

One of the highlights of the weekend for Treyton was definitely the high ropes course. He was so so so brave. Tim and I were so proud of him. IMG_0121 Of course he went into it all confident and sure of himself, but one he got to the 3rd or 4th section there were no longer supports to hold on to so he had to just “step out” on to the ropes. It took a few minutes of pep-talking from Dad but Treyton not only conquered it, he kept on going to the upper level!!

IMG_0125

The next morning he couldn’t wait to go back and do it again. He did it a second time, without an ounce of fear more than halfway through it. Once he got to the top, he slowed down a little, but he really did amazing – much better, I am certain, than his big mama would have done. 

IMG_0128He has brought it up several times since we’ve gotten home – about how brave he was, about how hard it was, what he’s going to do “next time”…. he’s awesome! 

IMG_0129 They were WAY high, seriously, I can’t believe how good he did. It was a great lesson in courage. I compared him to David, I told him that even though David was scared to face Goliath, he did it anyway. Courage doesn’t mean you aren’t afraid, courage means that you overcome in spite of your fear. 

IMG_0138  My boys…. a bunch of monkeys!!

WATER PARK

What kid doesn’t love a good waterpark!? I know mine do!! IMG_0150

Lexie did a couple of big slides with Daddy and we even got her down the big kiddie pool slides (with a little force from mom), but her favorite was the hippo slide. True to form, the girl likes to do things on her own and be in control, I guess she felt the most comfortable with the hippo slide (and that’s alright with me, made it easy to keep an eye on her – unlike her big brother :)). 

IMG_0151

At one point, I took Lexie up to the top of the kiddie area where the “big kid” slides are. Treyton went down first and Alexa was excited to go down too, until I went to set her down and she realized there was water splashing on her. She yelled “No!” so I picked her back up. I asked her again “Do you want to go down?” She said “Yeah.” “Okay” I said and put her back down on the slide. She sat. After a second she looked back at me and said “No.” So I picked her back up. I said “Are you sure? Do you want to go down?” She said “Yeah!!” So I put her back down on the slide, she started to say “No” but before she could fully change her mind again I gave her a gentle “push”…. and so she went down. Not 12 feet into the slide, she went on to her back and floated the rest of the way down. Auntie Skye and Daddy were at the bottom to catch her. The moment Auntie Skye picked her up she yelled “I SAID NO!!”

Oops :)

Then Daddy asked “Did you like it?”

To which she said “Yeah!!”

IMG_0177It was for her own good :) at least that’s what I’m going to tell her when she gets a little older! LOL!

IMG_0156Audrey was content watching the crowds for most of the first day, but the second day we got her into the water a little bit more and she LOVED it!!   

IMG_0159 Unlike the other two, I wasn’t sure Audrey would ever take to water, she even hated baths until the last month or so.

IMG_0160 IMG_0162 She loved crawling through the water, so much so that she tore up the front of her brand new bathing suit from the bottom of the pool. Oh well, it was worth it, she had a great time, I don’t think we could ask for more.  IMG_0164 I think Treyton is part fish!! The boy can swim and swim and swim. The only thing that might (and it’s a big might) slow him down is if he gets cold.

IMG_0166 I took Treyton on a ride the first day, but the lines were a little long so we spent most of our time in the kiddie pool and lazy river. On the second day, however, there were no lines so dad took both the older two on several of the slides (together and alone).

IMG_0167

IMG_0171Our new “ropes champ” was excited to try yet another rope adventure, this time in water!!  IMG_0172 IMG_0183

We had a great time!! Believe it or not, the kids had so much fun this is what they looked like not 5 minutes after we got on the road to head home :) That’s what I consider a good trip!!  IMG_0184

A perfect two-day get away for the fam. The kids loved it, Tim and I loved it. All went smoothly, not a lot of fighting from the kids, fairly good obedience. I wish all our weekends went this smoothly.

No comments: