Sunday, May 1, 2011

{Review} A Quest for Good Manners

A Quest for Good Manners written by Karin Lefranc

image Our family was given the opportunity to review this colorfully illustrated book  which we received in the mail earlier this week.

Both kids LOVED this book, we’ve read it everyday since we’ve opened our package! It’s a story about a princess named Rosalind and her pet dragon, Sparkler. Given an ultimatum from the queen, the two begin their quest to find good manners or Sparkler is banished. 

This story held both kids attention and even taught them a few things (like that fact that it’s good manner’s to put a napkin in your lap and keep your elbows off the dinner table when you’re eating).

We’ve been working with Lexie for a while about using good manners, so this book was a great reinforcement. I think we gave up a while ago regarding Treyton and good manners at the dinner table, but this book has given me a little bit of encouragement that maybe all hope is not lost!!  :)

I was a little leery when I first received the book because of the wizard and fairies involved but it wasn’t bad at all, there was no “funny business” involved and the kids easily understood that the entire thing was make-believe and it didn’t get into anything I would be concerned about.

I think this book is adorable and written well for the target audience. It initiated great manner conversations and questions and was entertaining all at the same time. A job well done!

Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy of this book for the purpose of this review. The opinions expressed are my own. 

1 comment:

Marissa said...

Amber, I love that this book was not only fun but helpful! Thanks so much for reviewing it. I think it's the cutest book ever :)