Sunday, July 31, 2011

Family Update July 2011

Wow, time’s flying. I don’t know what the difference is, but for some reason, I just can not keep up with my blog the way I used to. I apologize to those of you who actually looked forward to reading it, but honestly, I’m more sad for myself than anything else. I really enjoy making my blurb books and having a record of all the “little things” I want to remember in a few years that I know I will forget. Things that the kids say or do, traditions that we have, or fun things we did… it’s fun to look back and have our memories recorded so nicely.

But I guess if one had to choose, I would certainly choose to be out living life than to be recording it. So that’s what I’m doing.

A few things that come to mind of things that are going on in life right now that I don’t want to forget:

Audrey started walking a month or so ago. And she has the most ADORABLE beginner walk I’ve ever seen. And I don’t just mean this because I’m her mom, because I have two older children and they walked completely “normally” – Audrey’s walk is far cuter than normal. Her legs are spread so wide apart and sometimes I think she lifts her knees all the way to her chin just to take a step!  She wobbles through with surprisingly few tumbles, considering how ungraciously she’s clobbering around.

She still isn’t talking much. “Da-da” is the only word she’s ever said with any consistency, but sometimes if she’s really upset she says “Ma-ma” clear as day through her sobs. Other than that, we haven’t been able to make anything out, though she babbles lots and lots.

Audrey has an interesting habit of finding and carrying around Alexa’s underwear. I’m not sure why, but she thinks it’s a great time! Usually she will dig out clean underwear from her basket under the bed, but honestly, she’ll get what she can find. I’m not kidding when I say at least twice a day I’ll find her walking around with underwear in her hands…. yeah, I don’t get it either.

Alexa is in a strong, incredible independent 3-year old with a will that would frighten any set of parents. Friendly, determined, funny, smart and strong-willed, I can honestly say I am intrigued and interested to see what God has in store for her future. She is polite, considerate and nurturing of most anybody, and while she has her selfish moments, those are thankfully becoming less and less. She is super smart and asks to do school all the time. She is a great cuddler, and our favorite time during the day is after nap time when we crawl into bed together.

Treyton, will be turning 6 this month and he is becoming such a little man. He is the most inquisitive, logical and wise boy I have ever met. He asks so many questions and is so busy exploring the world that it’s common for him to forget the simplest task at hand. To be honest, we’ve kind of gotten used to this, and both Tim and I get more of a kick out of his curious nature than we do get frustrated by it. Treyton is fairly self-absorbed most of the time, and thinks more about life and what’s going on around him than he does people. I’m a lot like this as well, so I get it, but it’s something we’re certainly trying to work on with him, as well. He is our sponge, and he loves to live life and soak in as much as he can.

Tim and I celebrated our 8-year anniversary on Tuesday of this week. We went to dinner and went to a park to listen to live music. We truly are so blessed and grateful for all that the Lord has done for us, and for 8 incredible years together.

 

Other Stuff:

Treyton and Lexie are both in swim lessons. Lexie is actually in a class by herself, so it is just her and her teacher, they usually end up joining Treyton’s class, which she likes. For her, they are working on getting her comfortable in the water, blowing bubbles, putting her face in the water a little bit, pulling herself along the side of the pool and getting in and out.

Treyton is in too simple of a class. I wish I would have put him in the next class up, but he’s still having fun. His class is focusing mostly on going underwater, floating, kicking his legs and getting in and out of hte pool.

At the end of each class the kids get to jump off the diving board. After jumping off the short diving board, he asked if he could do the high diving board, and they said he could. IMG_0003I wasn’t sure if he would actually jump once he got up there but he did. I think he was a little shocked by the whole thing because he hasn’t done it since, though he says he’s going to do it again…. we’ll see.

IMG_0004 

IMG_0005

IMG_0006

We have just finished up our 5th week of school, and are going to do another full week before I think we take a week or two break.

I am currently looking into signing up Treyton for piano lessons and flag football. I’m still trying to decide what class to sign Alexa up for.

Life is busy and by God’s grace life is good.

No comments: