Saturday, October 8, 2011

Pumpkin Patch 2011

IMG_0114_1

We took advantage of the gorgeous weather we’ve been having this week and took a trip to the Pumpkin Patch to pick out some pumpkins. Aunt Toni and Ken joined us as well.

IMG_0052_1

We ended up with 9 pumpkins to decorate around the house with.

IMG_0050_1

Treyton and Tim took the lead on picking out most of our pumpkins. They did a fabulous job!

IMG_0054_1

While we were there we also picked a few bags of apples to make an apple crisp out of and some applesauce for the kiddos.

It was a beautiful day!

Last year, we had Treyton take a picture of Tim and I, and it turned out really nice – we had him take another one this year. To be honest, this is probably one of the best pictures of Tim and I, ever!! I think Treyton might grow up to be a photographer.

IMG_0092_1

Treyton is so cute when he’s taking a picture. He takes a TON, click, click, click in a matter of seconds. IMG_0160_1

IMG_0046_1Lexie stuck close to Aunt Toni and Ken for most of the time, which is pretty normal for her. She has a special place in her heart for her Aunt, I wonder if it has anything to do with how much they look alike?     IMG_0057_1Audrey was a little grumpy and refused to look at the camera for most of the pumpkin patch experience, though I can’t blame her, she had a tough time just staying up on her own two feet, all those vines and uneven soil…. not an 18-month olds, play land.  But she did pretty good and she liked banging on the pumpkins, I think she liked the sound. IMG_0059_1 

IMG_0064_1 

IMG_0065_1Treyton is becoming such a little man I can’t hardly believe it!! He’s a big helper and was so busy running around selecting pumpkins and carrying them to the truck I could hardly even get a picture of him!! IMG_0070_1Alexa wasn’t just a pretty face either, she tried to help too. Though she didn’t get too far with this little pumpkin (seriously, she only took 2 steps), it was the thought that counted, right?

IMG_0074_1    IMG_0099_2 I love days like today, spending time together, keeping the traditions that we love as a family. It’s not that I needed a reminder of how blessed I am, but the Lord was gracious to me, and reminded me anyway.  IMG_0104_1  IMG_0140_1

IMG_0152_1 

IMG_0172

A great day to remember!

No comments: