Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Florida Vacation: Day 7

Day four of the Disney Parks we spent at Animal Kingdom. It’s always hard to choose a “favorite” park, but this one is right up there. Tim says this one is his favorite.

It’s divided into Africa, Asia, Discovery Island, Dinoland and Camp Mickey and Mini.

This was the only day we were there that it was actually a little chilly, which actually meant fewer crowds in the morning, which was really nice.  IMG_0019Treyton’s favorite roller coaster of the week was the Everest one, I would have to say that this one was also my favorite. It made Daddy a little woozy, so it would not be his favorite :) The roller coaster mountain is in the background, rather impressive (below).

IMG_0020This is a picture of us on the roller coaster (below). I am in a seat by myself, Treyton and Mommer are behind me. We’re rows 3 and 4.

IMG_0022 

IMG_0023 Lexie’s favorite ride was a Dinosaur ride that went round and round and up and down.  IMG_0024We went on it once this day and four times in a row on our second day at this park.  IMG_0026

For lunch we ate at the Tucker house. It was a character buffet restaurant with Donald, Daisy, Mickey and Goofy. IMG_0028The kids don’t watch a lot of Disney, but they were more excited to see these characters than I thought they would be. IMG_0032Audrey was all about the characters this day. She liked them far more than the princesses. IMG_0034 Mommer loves goofy. So here she is in one of her only solo pictures. IMG_0040

Goofy was really tall :) IMG_0041Mickey actually visited our table twice, and didn’t realize it. I think he may have been a little surprised we didn’t take a picture the second time around, but I think he’ll be okay. IMG_0043While visiting Africa we passed some drummers on the street. We stopped to watch and listen, and within a few minutes they called Mommer up to dance with them…IMG_0050She ended up talking Lexie and Treyton into coming up with her.  It was one of the funnier moments of the trip.  IMG_0052Lexie didn’t last that long in front of people, but Treyton did the whole show. Here are Mommer and Treyton with the lead dancer.  IMG_0055

I don’t have a picture of it, but we also went to the live Musical Lion King show, which is so good.

We left the park at about 3:00 went back to the Condo, took naps and swam in the pool. We went out to dinner at a place called “Miller’s Ale House” – it was AMAZINGLY good and possibly the most reasonably priced restaurant I’ve ever eaten at!!

image We ended up eating there three nights in a row, and I ate the same dish every night!! It was a lobster and seafood bake seasoned with a crab boil seasoning. It had corn on the cob, potatoes, mussels, clams and crab legs…. mmmm-mmmm! So good.

They also had these UNBELIEVABLY yummy desserts – called Captain Jacks – there was a chocolate one (my favorite) and a nutter butter peanut butter and chocolate one which was Donna’s favorite one. We got them every night ---- possibly the best dessert I’ve ever had. I wanted to take a picture of it, but forgot all three nights. Seriously, I was so excited when they brought them to the table I couldn’t even take a minute to snap a picture….

My mouth is watering just thinking about it. Next time we’re in Florida we will be going back here (probably more than once) FOR SURE! A highlight of the trip for me.

No comments: