Friday, December 30, 2011

A Little Bit of a Scare

So last night, Audrey gave me a little bit of a scare. And by a little bit, I seriously almost FREAKED OUT!

Last night the boys ran to Wal-Mart after dinner to pick up a few things. At about 7:30 I laid the girls down for bed. Alexa’s knees were hurting her, again so it took her a while to fall asleep.

At about 8:45 the boys came home. I hear Alexa start to cry so I went in to check on her.

She was laying on the ground, half under her bed with her lamby crying. I picked her up, rubbed her knees a little bit and got up to leave the room.

That’s when I glanced over at Audrey’s bed…. she wasn’t there.

That’s not all that strange, as we’ve found her sleeping on the floor numerous times. I looked all over the floor, even behind the door and didn’t see her. I picked up her blankets to be sure, no Audrey. I stepped out of the room, looking in the Living Room and Treyton’s room and called to Tim who was unloading the car “Tim, where’s Audrey?” Thinking he was playing some sort of evil trick on me.

“I don’t know” he said with a chuckle (like I was crazy!)

“Are you serious, or are you kidding around? Do you have AUDREY?!?!” I said with a little bit more panic.

“No, I don’t have Audrey. Come on, Amber, are you serious?”

“I can’t find her!!” I said picking up my pace towards her bedroom.

Once again I scanned the floor, checked the closed closet, behind the door, in Lexie’s bed and then I got down on my hands and knees and looked under her bed, though I don’t think she could fit all the way under her toddler bed.

Nope, not there.

Then I glanced over and looked under Alexa’s bed, which actually has a couple of totes under it. Behind one of the totes, and halfway under the bed I saw the back of her jammies!!! She was almost entirely hidden behind totes and stuffed animals at least halfway under the bed.

I could not believe it.

I nearly had a heart attack and there she slept peacefully.

I could go my whole life and not feel that way again, and I would be just fine!

3 comments:

Alexis said...

Well, at least this time you lost your own kid!!!!

Amber said...

Ha ha ha, very funny! :)

Anonymous said...

I found Tim asleep in the bathtub one time with his blanky.